Experienced

Default Anyone interested in 9500i swap for an STI?

I managed to get my hands on a 9500i, but am not really too happy with it. I was hoping I could find someone with a Sti who might want a trade. Its in perfect condition, with all orginal accessories, only ever really used a handful of times.
    Being in Australia, I am willing to pay half of the shipping costs to ship the Sti to me to sweeten the deal.

Anyone interested? I can take pictures and provide proof of purchase and what not...

Radar Fanatic

I don't think this is allowed on the forum.

Power User

Even if it was allowed it doesn't sound like a good deal to me. I have 2 STi's and I'm going to unload one of them for sure, but I sure as hell don't want a 9500i. I'm not a big fan of the 9500i incase you didn't know.

Belscort seems to make things hit or miss. I've tried all of their late model detectors and the only 2 I like enough to keep for myself is the STi and original 8500. STi is great by the way, best detector available at the moment in my opinion.

Experienced

I did look through the rules but there was no mention of swaps being against the rules.

lol gee thanks stealthJamal.. we all know the 9500i isn't for everyone, but it would appear some people on the forums love it. Im not trying to rip anyone off, I just want to find someone who has done the reading and would prefer the 9500i over their Sti...

Default I could see using 9500 JUST to report speedtraps

skipping the truelock problems...even just the note speedtrap locations would be a advantage.

Scratonicity Groupie

I have both for what its worth. Drove 90 miles yesterday, running them on at the same time. The 9500i leaks quiet a bit, and was causing the STi to alert to 24.080.

On 34.7 they both alerted at the same exact time. On one K band trap the STi alerted maybe a second or 2 at most ahead of the 9500i.

HOWEVER, there was one k band door that the STi alerted to that the 9500i stayed dead quiet. I did 2 more passes to confirm and for some reason the 9500i would not alert to it.

I'm hoping to get my hands on a Kband gun today and a 35.5 gun.

9500i is a good detector and I love the HUD. If you are not happy stick it on eBay

Experienced

Still no-one interested? They are the same price after all!

Good Citizen

Put it on ebay, and put the swap option too. You can def get around what you payed for for it.

Edit* I just looked on ebay, they have a used one for $405 dollars with 20 dollar shipping. Still one day left on the auction and their where 30 bids on it.... you can def get a STI for that price. People on ebay aren't always educated buyers.... not to sound like a d*ck, but take advantage...

Radar Fanatic

Why doesnt Roy advertise the 9500i on his website.

Experienced

Offer is still out there is anyone is keen.

The detector has only been used for a day or so.