Thread: Whistlers

Default Whistlers

Ok I have been looking at the big 3, but they are expensive. I live in BC and radars are LEGAL, is there a point to buy stealth ones??

:roll:

So I am looking at whistler 58, 73 ? Are they really bad? Any performance difference other than one talks and the other doesn't?

Professional

Default Re: Whistlers

Quote Originally Posted by doctor_xp
    Ok I have been looking at the big 3, but they are expensive. I live in BC and radars are LEGAL, is there a point to buy stealth ones??

:roll:

So I am looking at whistler 58, 73 ? Are they really bad? Any performance difference other than one talks and the other doesn't?
    The pro 58 and 73 are basicly the same except the 73 has voice alert and the 58 does not.

I have posted some thoughts on my pro 58 in the forums and so have others.
    For the price they are a good unit.

As an owner of the pro 58 and now that I finally saved my $$ and got a V1 all I would say is if you can wait and save your money for one of the big 3 detectors you will be much happier in the long run.

Experienced

I have a pro 73 It works good I think for the money If you are on striaght streches they seem to work well. I find around corners It works all right. I live in canada (Maritimes) so there is lots of hills and differant terrian here. Radar Roy had said the pro 73 has a little bigger antenna.

Speed Demon

From what i saw on the forum and in the videos, the Pro 73 seems to be a really good performer for the money. The 73 and the 58 are basicaly the same RDs with different displays. Let us know what will be your choice :wink: