Hi! My name's Charlie and I'm 22 years old. I reside in NJ and I drive a modified 2005 Mustang GT. As my signature states, I have invested in an Escort 8500 X50 Passport and, due to my vigilance before my RD purchase, I have never received a ticket of any kind during my tenure as a driver. I purchased this radar detector after reading reviews on its performance from speedzones.com as well as a myriad of other sites. I have a few questions. Hopefully those with knowledge in these area will be gracious enough to answer.
1. After reading Radar Roy's review on the Escort X50, I am quite concerned about the Escort's X Band's sensitivity. I seem to get X Band readings frequently enough, although I usually cannot see the officer. My question is - are there any updated versions of the X50?
2. If you're clocked with POP Mode, although it is illegal for the officer to submit this as evidence in a court of law, how would one prove that he only used POP Mode and not the standard X/K/Ka Bands to track and lock your car? It seems as if this is a civilian's VS Cop's word, and the 99% of the time, the officer will win out.
3. I am currently looking for Laser Blinders. I'm think of going with Blinder Extreme. Is this a good choice? Roy's review says they're the top of the line. Also, are they legal in NJ?
4. Is speedzones.com a valid review site? Any other links to authentic radar detector/laser jammer review sites would appreciated.
5. Could someone point me to the authentic (I read there are fakes floating around) Speed Measurement Lab website?
6. I am a staunch advocate of the Fast-But-Safe philosophy the fastest and safest roadway in the world, the German Autobahn, has employed for decades. This philosophy was also employed in the famed Montana Experiment with great success, much to the chagrin of those who benefited from speed ticket revenue. According to the Montana Experiment, removal of speed limits from America's major highways/interstates would lower fatalities 50%-60%. I find this a cause worth fighting for. Can anyone here direct me to websites that support/instruct one how to become active in the movement to abolish speed limits from America's major highways/interstates?
7. What is LaserShield? I have seen from signatures that some members of this forum own this product, yet I cannot find any links, explanations, or reviews of this product on this site. If LaserShield increases the effectiveness or works in conjunction with Laser Blinders, I would be interested in reading unbiased reviews of the product.
Sorry for all the questions. I'm new to the Radar Detector community. I thank anyone in advance who can answer my questions. I look forward to being a productive member of this forum.