I have been thinking about this for a while. If I was the CEO of both companies I would do the following to save on costs and allow me to make the superior detector
1) Join the companies as one
2) Use the Escort name exclusively and keep everything under one roof meaning there would not be a need for so many employees. I would have the superior engineering of Bel and the sales team of Escort or a hybrid of both. Any dead weight would be sent packing. Anyone that makes stupid decisions like lack of ramp up woudl be sent bye bye
3) I would narrow the models down no need to have so many different models
4) I would have my team built the ultimate radar detector meaning a hybrid STI/X50. Can you imagine a detector with the features and ramp up of the X50 but the detection ability and ruggedness of the STI? WOW!
5) I would ONLY sell directly meaning no more Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. This would allow me to have TIGHT control of costs.
6) I would have my team build a better close nit relationship with our customers. I would want the service that Roy, Bob, Leon and Michael B provide. You are never too big to provide this type of service. Remember your customers is who got you to the top in the 1st place.
What is everyones thoughts?