Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Experienced

Default Wave At those Officers???

One thing I think everbody should do in this forum. Is when a officer is sitting off the side of the road radaring or lasering somebody. Make sure you wave at the officer. Dont give him the finger or anything just give them a nice friendly wave. I have found on more then one occasion this has made the officer feel bad. and in 3 cases the officer just put his gun up and quit clocking people and drove off. I started this campaign in my town and it has worked wonders. Infact one officer apporach me and said you know my job totally sucks. Here I'm trying to get somebody for a ticket and people are waving at me. Its a great psychology tool.

Scratonicity Groupie

I'm gonna give it a try good lookin out

staton

Banned

I have a funny story about this actually. I was driving in central washington with my friend and my radar detector was going off like crazy. "10 bucks says a cop is over this hill", I said to my passenger. Sure enough a copper was sitting on the side of the road. I waved at the officer and continued driving. Phil yelled at me and said, "You idiot! Now he's going to pull you over!" I told him he wasn't going to pull me over because I wasn't over the speed limit.

1 minute later....

I look in my side view mirror and see the black push bars. I signal to the right, look at my friend and say "I'm dieing to hear his excuse for pulling me over." Phil just sits there with the I told you so smile.

The officer comes up to the passenger window and tries a ton of techniques to get me to admit I was going at least 1 mph over the limit. We talk back and forth and finally I say in a calm voice, "Officer, I'm not going to argue with you."

"Thank you very much. I appreciate that."

"When was the last time you had your spedometer checked?", asked the officer.

"I had my spedometer checked with this radar gun yesterday." I pull out my Z-35 out of the back seat and show him. We go into a long conversation about the pro's and con's of radar and laser. After 10 minutes of chatting and my friend just sitting there with his arms crossed I departed with the officers email address to follow up with him on some radar gun quotes 8)

The moral of this story is don't wave at officers unless you sell what they want!

Professional

"I had my spedometer checked with this radar gun yesterday."

Thats hilarious, I bet he wasnt expecting that, I should drive with a radar gun regulary :wink: . Cool little story JTW.

Professional

ROFLMAO!! That is great JTW

Speed Demon

He let you reach into the back seat?

Riiiiiight.

:wink:

Lead Foot

UMMM.. LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!

Newcomer

I always wave to them; more than a few cops have told me that is a universal greeting among them. Plus, being a reserve officer in town doesn't hurt either.

Banned

i will try it but im going to look like and retard doing it lol

Experienced

jammertest your story just proves even more that you should wave at the officer. If he would have given you a ticket for doing one over you would have won in court no doubt. A judges would rule it as a waste of court time. I had gotten a ticket doing one over once and I had a judge practically yell at the officer in court for doing such a stupid thing and wasting court time like this. I always record my conversations when I get pulled over wether its legal or not to do so. It always amazes me how the officer story changes when you have him on tape. remember wave at the officer from countless times I have found that it works wonders. And if they ask you have you check your speedometer lately say yes I check it with one of those your speed is checkers. If not that then say you check it on the dyno the other day. If he really gives you a hard time tell him to follow you down to the police station and you will report him to the chief I gurantee his fat a s s will be back in his cruiser going the other way.