Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: STI,RX-65,V1

Professional

Default STI,RX-65,V1

Ok well i have been waiting to decide on a new RD. I sold my v1 a month ago and have been detector less. Anyways here is some info on what my driving involves:

Durring the school year which is AUG--APRIL I drive to and from my house and school on the weekends. Mainly open rural areas and on highways. There are a quite a bit of hills and turns along the first part. My main threat is Texas State Troopers which all run Stalker DSR 2X 34.7 directional units.

Then durring the summer(MAY-JULY) i am in my home town and mainly do city driving. Almost 90% of the cops and sherriffs run MPH K-band radar units and a few Ka-band units but dont know the freq.

I tend to only go over 10mph over the limt on occasions. Im not a big speeder.

Anyways i have had several V1's in the past few years and love them all except my 3.851 which J-ed oput 2 real LEOS running ka-band. Also i had two Rx-65's which did good on ka-band but kinda lacked a lil on k-band.

Havent had an STI but ive seen that it is killer on 34.7....

After getting a ticket with the X50 rev 6.1 on ka-band im going to stay away from another one.

Anyways, next week thursday i get my check and plan to order a new RD.

Help Me decide between:
    --V1 w/conceal display
    --STIw/all provided assessories.
    --Rx-65w/remote mute

Founder of Stealthvation

Dude why do you not spend $115 and try the XTR 690? What do you have to lose? If you can not see yourself doing this then try an STI since you have tried the V1 already
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    try an STI since you have tried the V1 already
    X2

Professional

Dude why do you not spend $115 and try the XTR 690? What do you have to lose? If you can not see yourself doing this then try an STI since you have tried the V1 already
    IDK once you have the top 3,4,5 whatever you never seem to want to give up that extra range. Ive tried going back to the pro 73 a few years ago and just couldnt do it.

Whats the detection difference between your XTR 695,Pro 78,STI,V1. Does the PRO 78 have equal IO response and over the hill range as your V1 or STI?

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by aaseavey
    try an STI since you have tried the V1 already
    X2
    Im a lil scared on the Beltronics Service Policies and Up[grading. i would love to try the STI out but dont want a better rev to come out with a fix and have to buy a whole new unit. i guess i could always go with the direct order from BEL seeing how they have a "30 Day Test Drive", plus Roy no longer owns his company. Plus maybe bel has fixed their 33.8 bug by now.

Also another factor is that no other detector can compare to the V1's resale value!

Professional

Sounds like you already have your mind made up. Another V1

Professional

No i really dont, bc i also really like the display of the STI and Rx-65 and I know others may dissagree that the V1 is ugly. I know Beauty is only skin deep and that the V1 packs an awesome detector but i just want the same performance in a newer shell. Plus im contimplating if its worth $100 more for the STi if i dont need steath capabilities,b ut the STI does come with all the extras.

As you can see i am very much confused and have been for a month...Hint why im still detectorless. :cry:

Radar Fanatic

I vote the RX65 unless you really want to pay extra for the small benifits of the STi. Also i can say that my RX65 has no problems with 33.8 or any other band. have a 6.1 BTW.
    I say give it a try i have tried all the others and i still love my RX65 more.[/i]

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by hookem202
    No i really dont, bc i also really like the display of the STI and Rx-65 and I know others may dissagree that the V1 is ugly. I know Beauty is only skin deep and that the V1 packs an awesome detector but i just want the same performance in a newer shell. Plus im contimplating if its worth $100 more for the STi if i dont need steath capabilities,b ut the STI does come with all the extras.

As you can see i am very much confused and have been for a month...Hint why im still detectorless. :cry:
    I think the problem is you. No matter what others tell you or recommend, you still can't decide. I think you have to make up your mind because i believe others here in this forum cannot help you with your stated reasons. You cannot simply pack all features in one radar detector and there's none out there. It's a give and take thing.

Founder of Stealthvation

The Pro 78/690 are a huge step up in Ka over the Pro 73. Were you happy with your Pro 73's K band performance? If you were the Pro 78 is a little better on K and A LOT better on Ka. Try it for $115 you can not go wrong. The 690 has the cooler features over the Pro 78 and can be had for $115. On top of this Mike B. and the team will provide you with FREE upgrades unlike others, a 3 year warranty unlike others, and will personally answer your questions. TRUST me on this I do not think you will be disappointed plus you will have $$$$$ to spend in other places. If I have not talked you into this then try the STI. PM me if you need further advice
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!