Experienced

Default Tracking History Question

How does an Officer obtain a tracking history when not using a Pop gun? Does this mean that he must shoot you twice with radar or laser?

Default Re: Tracking History Question

Quote Originally Posted by PassportToSpeed
    How does an Officer obtain a tracking history when not using a Pop gun? Does this mean that he must shoot you twice with radar or laser?

you mean USING a pop gun don't you....? when not using one the officer just leaves his radar gun on till the violator's car doesn't register a speed or a doppler tone anymore because it has passed in and then out of the radar beam and he is now sure the car in question is responsibe for this reading...

Experienced

I suppose that is where my question is coming from. I dont understand why the need for a pop gun. I know its used to provide a tracking history before locking on with regular radar, but if there is not tracking involved with using a regular instant on gun what is the need for a pop gun?

Old Timer

The purpose of pop was to get a speed so fast that a radar detector wouldnt pick it up. Basically a faster type of instant on. The idea was that an officer could be POPing traffic all day long, and never set off a radar detector. Few months later, detector companies started detecting POP.

The bee III series is picked up by the top 3

Quote Originally Posted by PassportToSpeed
    I suppose that is where my question is coming from. I dont understand why the need for a pop gun. I know its used to provide a tracking history before locking on with regular radar, but if there is not tracking involved with using a regular instant on gun what is the need for a pop gun?

Pop doesn't provide any tracking history at all just the speed of the car. It turns on and off so fast an officer can't get a true tracking history with it. This is a problem when the officer goes to court because it is an accepted legal requirment backed up by case law that a proper tracking history should be done for all cars exceeding the limit. That is why the MPH radar manuals tell the officer that once he has established the car is speeding with POP he should switch the radar on fully and do a true tracking history of the vehicle. Of course the officer "can say" he did it and who would know? You would if your detector never went off whatsoever but I doubt the court would take your word over the officer especially since you had to be using a RD to establish this fact...

Administrator

Default POP

POP does not provide a true tracking history, that is one of its problems. To obtain a true tracking history, the officer should have the unit in the regular mode
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer