Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default The best thing to avoid tickets!

I found out today that for me the most usefull thing on the road is not my detector or jammer, in fact it is none of the high tech gagets i have in my car. Rather it is the knowlage that i have learned from this site. First off I was stoped this morning on my way to work for a roll through at a stop sign. To be honest i wasn't really paying attention, but i did slow down plenty and even let a car go ahead of me. Anyway i got pulled over (LEO said i didn't stop 100%). He was being a little hard on it i thought, but he was very kind and let me off with a warning. This was my first time getting pulled over and i think that the info from this site really made it much easier (the PBA card might have helped too). Anyway i learned even more later that night. I was driving some co workers to a club (the where all drunk) i had had one drink about 2 hours before but i'm only 18 so i was worried. Also some retard started smoking in my car (and i don't mean cigs). So as i looked in my back mirror to see who was smoking and if they where smoking what i thought they where i saw the distinct light pattern of a crown vic. Imedately i told that retard to stop smoking. NO one else in the car thought it was a LEO, but i knew. It was something that i knew and no one else did, i confirmed it was a LEO when i saw a small sheild symbol on the front plate of the car. Anyway i drove very carefully as i knew they where looking for any reason to pull me over for a DUI check. Once i got to a yellow light (most would have gone on it) i slowed down and waited for a red. The LEO flew right by me and lit the next car up. They where actually friends of mine we where following but they where fine and where let off. Anyway what saved my both times today was the knowlege i have learned from this site. I also find that i am always looking for LEOs (again thanks to this site) so i notice them where most others would not.

Anyway i have got to say that police are not as bad as people always say. After my first pullover i can say that if you treat LEOs with respect they will respect you right back. All in all they are just trying to do a job. And in the case of stop signs they have done the job for me. I have been making good full stops at all signs now, so i guess pulliung me over was a good thing. Although i doubt i would be saying that if i had gotten a ticket. Bottom line, you can have all the gagets but they are useless without the experience and knowlage that comes with being a frequent member of this site.
    Thanks for reading!

Newcomer

I have had some very good, and very bad experiences with LEO's. But all in all most of them are good people. Some of them can be head hunting jerks during quota time (but can you really blame them?) but most can be pretty chill. I know where I live the Highway Patrol and Constables are super cool (I got off with a warning going 25 over PSL) and the cops and sherifs are not as leinent (i got a ticket for rolling through a stop sign at 11 pm on a sunday night after work)... Just treat them respect, ticket or not, and you should be okay...

Good Citizen

After reading your posts... I still hate the police.
    Why you ask? I blame Need for speed most wanted.
    The make the damn cops in that game too hard to get away from.
    It's the worst NFS game I've ever played!

Anyways, sorry for the thread hi-jacking. I just hate cops so much just because of that game

Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by MoH.vze.com
    After reading your posts... I still hate the police.
    Why you ask? I blame Need for speed most wanted.
    The make the *BEEP* cops in that game too hard to get away from.
    It's the worst NFS game I've ever played!

Anyways, sorry for the thread hi-jacking. I just hate cops so much just because of that game
    Bleh, it's not too hard. Yes, kinnda frustrating at times, but I guess I beat it. It still says I've only completed 85% of my career, though :?

Anyways, back on topic I thought you were going to say "Don't speed" or something like that

Speedtrap Crasher

I guess since I'm a habitual speeder I have to make adjustments. I never run stop signs or yellow lights. It's the easiest ticket to avoid so why rack up a string of em. Plus they're no fun. There's nothing fun about a slow and go stop sign or pushing a yellow.

BTW CARTER840: You have discovered the fabled "cop detector". It's the mush that sits behind your eyes. Train it, don't abuse it and it will provide years of trouble free service. :wink:
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Yoda of Radar

Great post.

Yeah, I have DEFINITELY turned my situational awareness and "Cop Detection" up since I started using a detector and reading this board. I check all of my mirrors constantly and find myself looking much further down the road than I used to.

Now, if I could only do the same at the racetrack, and stop focusing on the corner right in front of me...

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by erickonphoenix
    BTW CARTER840: You have discovered the fabled "cop detector". It's the mush that sits behind your eyes. Train it, don't abuse it and it will provide years of trouble free service. :wink:
    Yup. Nice post carter840. That 'cop detector' is free but high maintenance. :wink:

I don't speed that much most of the time, but have gone 20+ or much more on occassion. My equipment is more for the 'cat-n-mouse' game, back-end-taxes saved just sweetens it more.

Playing around with a scanner now to get a better feel for their tactics.

Professional

Dont speed is the only way

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Holla
    Dont speed is the only way
    Not true, you could be mistakenly pulled over. It happens more often than you think unfortunately. I had a friend who got pulled over for "not wearing his seatbelt," when I know he was. He is probably the most seatbelt anal person ever, even moreso than I am (which is saying alot), he's the type that wouldn't even go drive to his mailbox (apartment complex) and back without his seatbelt on.

The LEO insisted he was right and that he didn't have it on and suddenly put it on when he was pulled over. :roll: The part that sucks is that how do you really prove that to the LEO or judge if you try to fight the ticket..

Lead Foot

so to sum it up...

Reading this forum all day makes us all paranoid!!!