Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default any future predictions on rd technology!

i was wondering if there will be major alterations in the next 5 years which will see the rd get a different way of detecting!

or will the superheterodyne be with us for a while longer!!

i was thinking that they may develop a better way of detecting radar which gives low falses and mega range on low powered k ka band photo radars..

i was thinking that they may start using the spectrum analyzer stuff stinger uses in their dsi computer! which is undetectable by any rdd!

who knows what will happen i'm exited to say the least!

Lead Foot

radar detector will become USELESS, police will be equiped with such high tech tools we wont be able ot defeat it, ie: GPS Tracking, Satellite monitering, ect.. so go drive while we still can

Radar Fanatic

its being able to run them .. its much easier to point the gun pull the trigger and give them tickets!

i think we will see more laser devices which we wont be able to jam,

probibly something faster or something which uses detector less technology!

but radar and laser have been around for a while i'm sure it will get so bad that speed traps will become non existant!

in 1993 here in the uk they had the gatsos which were painted gray and hidden!

in 1999 - 2000 people started to complain that they were for revenue not for road safety!

so because of how many had been put up etc they have made them visible,

but we have noticed a seriously massive uk wide reduction is speed limits!

i would have thought 90% of uk roads have had their limits slashed at some point and then speed enforcement!

this is so if your not speeding you soon will be! unbareable low speed limits cause congestion decreased mpg and just slows the uk road system down!

because of this we now see an increase in accidents so now people are saying gatsos are causing accidents and there not working etc!
    and people are also saying speed doesnt kill, because of the amount of people being cause speeding!

so i think they will stop this high enforcement in the uk!

i hope they do and return all their speed limits back to how they were!

Experienced

There are some development which unavoidable by RD or other equipments: eg. see that on Gatso's site http://www.gatsometer.com/index.php?p=5496
    I'm afraid that this point-to-point system will be spread on Highways.

From other hand I'm sure that present-day speed control systems remain in use for the next 10 years. I think that percentage of radars will be decreasing and lidars will be increasing but your detectors/jammers will be useful in the future too.

Power User

as much as the cops get better, we will always match them... i think future detectors will have the auto off when spectre detected, tracking direction with exact distance to radar....

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by T-T
    There are some development which unavoidable by RD or other equipments: eg. see that on Gatso's site http://www.gatsometer.com/index.php?p=5496
    I'm afraid that this point-to-point system will be spread on Highways.

From other hand I'm sure that present-day speed control systems remain in use for the next 10 years. I think that percentage of radars will be decreasing and lidars will be increasing but your detectors/jammers will be useful in the future too.
    ah the point to point crap!! i've seen that before.....

we have had the specs version which they invented in 1993! and first tested on the m25!

only the last 5 years have they increased the usage of this!

theses are detected by gps which is a massive seller over here!

we have theses traps which are undetectable by the rd's
    specs, ds2, truvelo!

specs reads your number plate from the front!

way around it is if you go passed the first camera speeding stop the car take the front plate off and carry on driving the system will then after a certain time has lapsed it will delete the registration!

this is becase its not read your plat at the other end of the cameras so it dumps the info!

it needs your number plates for the stop start timing! no number plate no timing!

over in europe their gatso version is rear reading and gets motorbikes too!
    you'd have to take your rear plate off which is even dodgy as police can easy spot you without a number plate on.... as they cruise down the m way!

Lead Foot

www.stinger.com has a totally new model based on patch antenna's instead of heterodyne. Works excellent in Holland.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by Flitsservice.nl
    www.stinger.com has a totally new model based on patch antenna's instead of heterodyne. Works excellent in Holland.
    would that mean it is Spectre invisible???? because it is not heterodyne

Lead Foot

hum I read on there site and Im not shure if I can understrand corecly but this is not a radar detector but more of GPS tracking and loogin to "prove" the offficer your speed :?

Radar Fanatic

its called a spectrum analyzer and is fully stealthed no leakage!

the range on radar will be any radar detector and it would make the v1 look crap!

they call radar detector ''last century''

The Spectrum Analyzer is by far the most eye-catching module. This unique Stinger invention is based on the 'laboratory spectrum analyzer', a relatively large and expensive device used by institutes that deal with professional and applied scientific research for precision measurements and analyses in the field of microwave signals. Due to its compact size, the Stinger Spectrum Analyzer can be quickly and easily built into your car, and is reasonably inexpensive. But that's not all. Our engineers have been able to combine this Spectrum Analyzer with a 'patch antenna', based on military technology, applied in F-16 fighter jets and intelligent Rocket Launcher Systems. The 'patch antenna. guarantees not only razor-sharp precision but is also an essential aid for the extreme sensitivity of the DSI

Spectrum Analyzer (SA-01)
    Stinger's biggest achievement so far is undoubtedly the invention of the Spectrum Analyzer.

Surpassing our customers’ wildest dreams, our engineers have spent years closely examining the operation of professional laboratory analyzers. Further inspiration was sought from the defence industry. The highly advanced Active Phased Array Radar (APAR) is used for critical radar applications.

The two biggest problems facing our engineers were miniaturising the system and making desired technologies affordable. Although Stinger prioritises quality and performance over cost price, a price tag of hundreds of thousands of Euros would have caused a minor rebellion.

The end result cost a lot of blood, sweat and tears. It is a unique system in every sense.

Able to analyse a whole spectrum at once.
    Able to track multiple sources simultaneously.
    Fully computer-driven.
    100% accuracy, even in extreme temperature variations.
    Spectrum measurement capability, both indoors and outdoors*
    High-frequency shield (Ultra Shielding)
    No signal leakages (Real Stealth)
    S.P.A.R.: Stinger's patented version of Phased Aray Radar (up to now only used by the military)
    Ultra flat design: a mere 2.5 cm thick
    Dimensions: approx. 6.2 x 6.2 x 2.5 cm. (LxWxH)
    Equipped with 'click-on' securing cams and standard radio-strip for easy attachment

for the basic radar set up it would cost £595
    to buy them seperate is
    the spectrum analyzer is £430
    the computer centre is £190
    the control panal is £95