Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Vacations at USA. I need some help...

Guys, I need your help because I do not know how hotels work at USA.
    I am coming to New York (Intercontinental hotel) and Las Vegas (MGM hotel) for vacation. One week in each city. Can I order a radar detector from internet and receive it at the hotel reception ?

Thank you

Yoda of Radar

If you're only staying for one week, buying a radar detector JUST for your trip doesn't make much sense...or do you want to get a new detector, and you'd rather take delivery in New York instead of at home?

If you have booked your room already, I'd suggest calling ahead and telling the hotel to expect a package for you and to hold it. Then tell the RD seller to ship it to you care of (C/O) the concierge or front desk at the Intercontinental.

Good Citizen

I live in Cyprus. RD are not legal here so I cannot order from internet. I already have an STi but I need another one. I will bring it to Cyprus with me .

Lead Foot

You have an STi but need another? :shock: I'm curious is all, why do you need another? I assume another driver, another STi then?

Anyhow, back to your original question, I suppose you could try some kind of arrangement with the hotel but you'd have to ask them first of course. From the hotel's point of view, this may seem uber dubious and they might decline (too many movies!).

Even if they are illegal in your home area, you can't order them from an authorized reseller? Ah, well I suppose you could try some of the electronics stores in NY, fortunately you are in NY which has a plethora of stores, I'm sure one might carry the STi or X50.

Yoda of Radar

You should be able to have it shipped to the hotel under your name, and then pick it up while you are there. If you stay in each hotel for a week, then just ask the hotel how that would work when you arrive, then order the detector since the shipping time should be short.

Administrator

Default Re: Vacations at USA. I need some help...

Quote Originally Posted by BMW^Z4
    Guys, I need your help because I do not know how hotels work at USA.
    I am coming to New York (Intercontinental hotel) and Las Vegas (MGM hotel) for vacation. One week in each city. Can I order a radar detector from internet and receive it at the hotel reception ?
    Thank you
    PM me or Email me at radarroy@radarbusters.com and I can make the arrangements to have a unit shipped to you during your stay...
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Yoda of Radar

ROY TO THE RESCUE!

Lead Foot

I live in Cyprus. RD are not legal here so I cannot order from internet. I already have an STi but I need another one. I will bring it to Cyprus with me .
    Be careful, if they are illegal to possess, customs will rip you a new one if they find it. Especially if they think it's a bomb in Xray.

Speedtrap Crasher

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0mizer
    Be careful, if they are illegal to possess, customs will rip you a new one if they find it. Especially if they think it's a bomb in Xray.
    Couldn't he just mail it home? The problem was internet purchasing in Cyprus? Right?
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by erickonphoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0mizer
    Couldn't he just mail it home? The problem was internet purchasing in Cyprus? Right?
    Aren't outgoing packages checked by US customs as well? And incoming via Cyprus customs?