Banned

Default XTR520 VS any cobra

i bought like 3 cobras the past 4 months, and i took them all back, everything people say about them is 100% true, they suck. I would go to my local shopping center, and the 1st one i got said there was a train comming :shock: any way im lookin at buying one but now i want more research apon the subject, because my local stores only sell cobras. i am will to pay about 175 for a detector, i would like to keep it some what hidden on the windshield incase i do get pulled over. i liked the XTR520 because of its remote but how does it preform compared to a cobra?

Thanks everyone!

Professional

If yr Only Willing 2 Go Under $200, I'd Say Get the Bel V955, But I'm Slightly Biased as Itz the Only Detector I've Had and Personally Think Itz the Best Value. Will Cost u $25 More Than u Want 2 Spend, But IMO itz Worth It...

Otherz Will Say 2 Get the Whistler Pro-78. Thiz iz Also a Gr8 Value Detector, So Honestly With Either 1 u Can't Go Wrong...

Juzt my 2 Centz...

Old Timer

Get a Whitler XRS-690, Pro-78, or a V955 for that price.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by ELVATO
    Get a Whitler XRS-690, Pro-78, or a V955 for that price.
    Solid. I am taking a serious look at Whistler next.

Good Citizen

The new Whistler XTR-690 or Pro-78 will not disappoint I can attest to that!

Banned

how are they with false alerts?

what one is better? if there is a way to tell

Stealthcb

Quote Originally Posted by compkidd
    how are they with false alerts?

what one is better? if there is a way to tell
    I don't know how the V955 is with falses. I'd say probably as good as other Bels. I know the Pro-78 is a very quiet detector.

I run a 78, and that's my recommendation, but like Insert said, either the 78/690 or V955 are great in that price range.

Professional

The V955 Izn't Exactly Quiet, But it Izn't Exactly Loud Either. I Mean, It'll False Within 60-90 Feet of a Walgreens or Publix, But I Seriously Doubt any Other Detector Won't do Thiz. I've Had No Ka Falsez, No Laser Falsez, Only K to Auto-Opening Doorz and X in Random Placez Sometimez. I Wouldn't Say it Falsez a Lot Based on Thiz, But Honestly I Couldn't Care Less About Falsez. Really and Truly, If u Want Gr8 Detection, u Should b Willing 2 Give Up Some Falsez in Return. I Stand by the V955 @ All Timez, But Like I Said Earlier, The Pro-78 or the V955 r Gr8 Buyz, I Don't Know Enough About the 690 2 Say Anything About that Though...

I'd Much Rather Have a Loud But Good Detector Than a Quiet But Decent Detector...

Experienced

The Pro78 is feature loaded (autodim, REALLY bright display) and a solid performer. Whistler offers some of the best (if not THE BEST) support and customer service out of all the RD manufacturers. You've got Michael B, a Whistler engineer, on this forum taking PM's and always willing to take your RD in for a tune-up or firmware upgrade free of charge within the 3 year warranty. It's a mid-high end detector with a modest low-end cost.

Professional

U Might Want 2 Think About Customer Service as Well, Juzt Like pronacyk Said. Bel Izn't Known 2 Have the Best CS, But Whistler iz Supposed 2 Have THE Absolute Best. Also, the Belz Have the Dreaded "Service Required" Messagez, So b Wary of thiz As Well...

I'm Not Tryin 2 Sway u Away From the 955, I'd Still Get It, But I'm Juzt Sayin...