Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Trasmitting a Ka Band

I would like to know if i can play a joke on some friends of mine and wanted to know if there is a Way i can produce a Ka band to set off the RD's?????

Administrator

Default Hand Held

There was a guy in El Paso that was making radar detector testers that would fit in the palm of your hand and transmit on X, K, Ka and Laser

I spoke with him last week while I was out there and he does not make them anymore.

However he did say that an outfit back east had contacted him a few months ago and said that they were now making them. He did not have the name of the company
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Advanced Member

Default Re: Hand Held

Quote Originally Posted by RadarRoy
    There was a guy in El Paso that was making radar detector testers that would fit in the palm of your hand and transmit on X, K, Ka and Laser

I spoke with him last week while I was out there and he does not make them anymore.

However he did say that an outfit back east had contacted him a few months ago and said that they were now making them. He did not have the name of the company
    I remember something about that in the SML 2003 test:

"A new product was introduced by Dealer Marketing called the "Detector Finder". The Finder is a handheld device designed to assist police in locating illegally operated radar detectors in a vehicle. It contains low output, Part 15, CFR 47, less than 5 mW, emitters for X, K, and Ka band plus laser. Small enough to fit into a pocket, the officer simply depresses one of the radar buttons when questioning a suspect vehicle to key up the detected radar detector by the RDD."

I never saw anything about them after that though...

Jim

Good Citizen

You can always set off laser alert with a TV remote control. My RCA tv remote seems to work the best.

Lead Foot

just put one of the Cobras in your pocket when you ride with him. They leak so bad and set off every detector around them

Advanced Member

Default Re: Trasmitting a Ka Band

Quote Originally Posted by Iknox
    I would like to know if i can play a joke on some friends of mine and wanted to know if there is a Way i can produce a Ka band to set off the RD's?????
    The easiest way is to get an older detetor with an 11.55 GHz LO.
    These are the detectors that cause Ka falses, because the third harmonic is in the Ka band (11.55GHz X 3 = 34.65) You'll need to be at pretty close range though, the newer detectors are smart enough to look for the second harmonic (~23.1 GHz) and if they see that then they know it is a cheap detector and not police radar so they don't alert. But, if the signal is strong enough, over a certain threshold, te detector will still alert. You could maybe try "widening the aperture" like in the article I posted in the other thread...

Jim

Administrator

"A new product was introduced by Dealer Marketing called the "Detector Finder". The Finder is a handheld device designed to assist police in locating illegally operated radar detectors in a vehicle. It contains low output, Part 15, CFR 47, less than 5 mW, emitters for X, K, and Ka band plus laser. Small enough to fit into a pocket, the officer simply depresses one of the radar buttons when questioning a suspect vehicle to key up the detected radar detector by the RDD."

Jim[/quote]

This was the guy that I was speaking with in El Paso. He no longer makes the product
    RadarBusters.com
    Also Join me at -

Quote Originally Posted by RadarRoy

Jim
    This was the guy that I was speaking with in El Paso. He no longer makes the product[/quote]

Popular Electronics had a "how to" article on just such a device a long while back. It was used for testing just how good your radar detector was. I have actually used my converted whistler detector for just such a function... :!: It is great fun compairing different models of detectors with it.. :wink:

Banned

lol can someone send me some plans or a product link lol this is nice to know tho to test out your RD

Administrator

Default Plans

If someone can make them, I will buy them!
    RadarBusters.com
    Also Join me at -