Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    253

    Default When will it all stop

    I believe were getting pretty close as far as exhausting all types of speed detection devices. When do you think the cat and mouse game will be over?????? Its a deep topic to talk about. When will radar detectors have the ultimate pipe dream???? When will we be able to update via usb. How far will this go any opinions???????

  2. #2
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    135

    Default Re: When will it all stop

    Quote Originally Posted by bfg9000d
    I believe were getting pretty close as far as exhausting all types of speed detection devices. When do you think the cat and mouse game will be over?????? Its a deep topic to talk about. When will radar detectors have the ultimate pipe dream???? When will we be able to update via usb. How far will this go any opinions???????
    Update via USB would be awesome. Also a programming interface would be great. I think those two features would sell me on anything.

    -Bill

  3. #3
    Power User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In Car RamRod
    Posts
    4,001

    Default

    there is already a new technology out for radar detection, we will see a whole new era out one day.

  4. #4
    Founder of Stealthvation
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    It will stop when the $$$$$ stop......NEVER!
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.


    http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/


    LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!











    You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!










    buyradardetectors rocks!

  5. #5
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    253

    Default

    I think hopefully one day when a speed trap is noticed by one radar detector it will alert another radar detector down the road of the warning. This would in the end give the ultimate in detection. I believe in the end would pretty much defeat radar and laser use and pretty much render everything the police use useless. Also make a remote antenna something that can attach to the driver side window for easey install sorta like those old window cup holders. The coolest would be to make it to where you wear special sun glasses and you can see the detector readings in the sunglasses. And have the V1 type arrows in the glasses. Also make detector detect the cruisers repeater most cops leave theres on in the car and this is a dead give away to a cruiser being close. Make the display be able to display more then one color orange, blue, red, green, etc. Have it so you can change it to a female voice to a male voice. And if its a female voice make it sound sexy. Make it so we can take away certain bands like x, k. So it alreats quicker on Ka. What do you guys think?????

  6. #6
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    6,806

    Default

    Cool ideas, bfg9000d. I also came up with the idea of inter-detector communication, especially for laser. When a detector picks up laser, it broadcasts a signal, say up to 1/4-1/2 mile, that alerts detectors around it that it detected laser. I came up with the name "LaserNet". I better trademark it now before someone steals it.

    Of course, the drawback of something like that is now there's a new signal emitted by RDs for RDDs to pick up, if you're in an area where RDs are illegal.

    Another idea I came up with is to have add-on laser sensors that can be plugged into the detector, to increase laser detection performance. For example, you'd mount the detector up high, and then put additional laser sensors down low or near the plate so you can be alerted to direct hits.

    Maybe another evolutionary step could be a modular detector. Instead of one box that contains everything, you have a small antenna module (or 2 in the case of the V1), external laser sensor modules, and a display module. All of these modules would be much smaller than current RDs to allow for a true stealth install. Plus you can put the pieces in the best locations for performance. Antennas up high and clear of obstructions, laser sensors in places optimal for laser detection, display where you can see it, etc.

    And of course, it would be invisible to Spectre and all future RDDs.
    If I'm passing you on the right, YOU are in the wrong lane!

    If speed kills, how come I'm still alive?

    Active Countermeasures: V1 3.858, Escort Redline, Beltronics STi-R+, LI Dual 7.1x CPU/8.7 Heads (front)
    Other/Backup Countermeasures: V1 3.813 (loaned to friend), Beltronics Pro RX65 M4 6.3
    Vehicle: 2002 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
    LEO Toys: Kustom Pro Laser II & III
    Encounters/Saves August 2011: Radar 3/1, Laser 0/0


  7. #7
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Making it leak proof shouldnt be hard for spectra. Or make it leak proof enough so that when it does detect the spectra leakage it will shut off immeditaley. Until the threat is over. Make a remote sensor for the hood of the car for laser.

  8. #8
    Professional
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lufkin, TX
    Posts
    881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bfg9000d
    Also make detector detect the cruisers repeater most cops leave theres on in the car and this is a dead give away to a cruiser being close.
    I have heard of something that does this before, but I don't think it was ever released because it worked so well and cops had a fit about it. I believe it was back in the early 90's. Don't quote me on it though. But that would be the coolest!!

  9. #9
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,509

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arvetus
    Quote Originally Posted by bfg9000d
    Also make detector detect the cruisers repeater most cops leave theres on in the car and this is a dead give away to a cruiser being close.
    I have heard of something that does this before, but I don't think it was ever released because it worked so well and cops had a fit about it. Don't quote me on it though. But that would be the coolest!!
    The Uniden BCT scanners have this feature: BCT-7, 8, 10, and 12. There's also a Radio Shack model that has this feature, which is actually a re-branded Uniden.

    Jim

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kpatz
    Cool ideas, bfg9000d. I also came up with the idea of inter-detector communication, especially for laser. When a detector picks up laser, it broadcasts a signal, say up to 1/4-1/2 mile, that alerts detectors around it that it detected laser. I came up with the name "LaserNet". I better trademark it now before someone steals it.

    Of course, the drawback of something like that is now there's a new signal emitted by RDs for RDDs to pick up, if you're in an area where RDs are illegal.

    Another idea I came up with is to have add-on laser sensors that can be plugged into the detector, to increase laser detection performance. For example, you'd mount the detector up high, and then put additional laser sensors down low or near the plate so you can be alerted to direct hits.

    Maybe another evolutionary step could be a modular detector. Instead of one box that contains everything, you have a small antenna module (or 2 in the case of the V1), external laser sensor modules, and a display module. All of these modules would be much smaller than current RDs to allow for a true stealth install. Plus you can put the pieces in the best locations for performance. Antennas up high and clear of obstructions, laser sensors in places optimal for laser detection, display where you can see it, etc.

    And of course, it would be invisible to Spectre and all future RDDs.

    You've been reading my mind kpatz with many of these ideas you have dreamed up and the downsides to them also! :shock:

    Hay, get out of my head, I already got enough rats eating the cheeze up there already!!

    and the "stealth visor mount" too?! :cry:

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 09:13 AM
  2. CA - Redflex wins STOP SIGN & STOP LIGHT CAMERA PROJECT
    By StlouisX50 in forum News Stories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2007, 08:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •