Default Local LEO's K band gun was out-of-tune!

Founder of Stealthvation
    Cleveland, Ohio

Default Re: Local LEO's K band gun was out-of-tune!

Quote Originally Posted by MEM-TEK
    Hi everyone,

Well, my STi is off to Bel for a new firmware flash and I am back to using my V995 for a while. Today was fun while in and around town. The local LEOs were bored, and a couple of them decided to park and run stationary radar. They were trigger pulling their K guns very frequently since very few drivers around here use radar detectors.

Anyway, one of the LEO's K radar guns was definitely out of tune. His gun displayed as 24.139 -- twice, each time after an instant-on. What's really funny is that the Walgreen door openers in my town are more accurately tuned and display 24.15 on my V995. Out-of-tune radar guns seem to be a problem with small town police departments. Are they letting recertification of their radar guns slide if they are cash strapped or if the tuning forks display speeds which are only 1 mph or so off? I guess they figure, "Oh well, thats good enough -- time to get out there and write some tickets!"

On the other hand, GSP radars which I encounter always seem to be very accurately tuned. I guess the GSP has a policy of periodically sending in their radar guns and having them recertified.

How often do you encounter out-of-tune police radar which is being operated by local or county police departments?

Your RD's spec display is not dead on accurate so I would not depend on that for 100% accuracy
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic
    Port St. Lucie, FL

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz
    Anywhere between 24.050-24.250 is considered "in tune"...
    Was about to say this... glad i kept reading