Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Got a quick, strong Ka last night. What's that all about?

So I decide to take a ride after work through Watertown to see if I can test out my detector a little bit. Reason I went through Watertown is due to the fact that the cops are ALWAYS out running radar. When I went for a drive after work on Sunday night, I must've passed 5 cops running radar...no joke. But, wouldn't you know it, I found noone last night.

At about 12:00, I'm sitting at a stop light, waiting, while two vehicle pull into my direction and start heading down the road in front of me. As they do this, I get a very strong (8/9) Ka signal. I look around, nobody near me. Then, it disappears. I decide to take it a little slow in case a cop is up ahead running instant-on...but, noone. So, I loop around the block to see if there's a cop on the adjacent street. About 5-10 minutes later, I wind up at the same point on the parallel road and I see no cop.

Is it possible that I could get a strong Ka like that because someone in the two vehicles at the stop light had a radar detector and I was picking up its oscillations? Or, is it more likely that a cop was running radar on the parallel, adjacent road and left before I looped around? What can cause a false Ka?

Administrator

Default My Guesss

My guess would be that they were hiding in the bushes somewhere with that strong of a Ka alert.
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

Old Timer

The cop was hidden using instant on man. I have that all around my city.[/url]

Good Citizen

Man, he must've been hidden good because I didn't see him anywhere. Good to know though, thanks!

Banned

u should have got out of ur car with ur RD and went threw the Bushes and Said AHHH i got ya lol j/k

Founder of Stealthvation

RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Good Citizen

Was commuting along the highway this afternoon, my BEL detector pick-up strong (7) KA signal but can't see any cops probably an instant on....[/img]

Professional

V1 would've told you where he was. depending on how long you tracked the signal..

Good Citizen

Yea, V1 direction arrow did serve its purposes..

Old Timer

Yea, and if you were speeding when you were tagged with that instant on, the v1 would have been pointing behind you with its great arrows as the cop was writing your ticket :roll: