Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Observation to anyone looking to buy a RD

Just an observation to anyone looking to buy a RD:

The problem is if you buy anything else other than a V1, this site will beat you into submission or bash your purchase until you can’t take it any more. Yes the V1 is king of detection range but is that the only thing you are personally looking for?

Ether buy a V1 and stay, or purchase what ever RD you like and never return to this sight. There’s allot of good information and realy good people here but it’s also filled with negativity and partial truths.

In a nut shell according to the hundreds of posts all RD's are junk.
    9500I has no off axis detection
    STI 38.8 detection is non existent.
    V1 sucks at 35.5 off axis

They all suck so don’t speed.

Maybe I had a bad day, but you will see. Where’s Jazzy when you need him. :wink:

I would like to see some positive things every once
    in a while... Please. :cry:

Lead Foot

I understand there seems be a slight V1 bias on this site at times, which is why I try to be somewhat neutral and honest in my posts (especially concerning the 9500i).

As you probably know, I had a 9500i for about 3 weeks and I really did enjoy it. It was a great detector that was fairly quiet and the detection range was definitely quite nice.

Being quite curious of what the V1 was about, I decided to send my 9500i back and check out the V1. Well, I have to say the V1 impressed me quite a bit with the range and arrows. I'm really sold on the arrows in all honesty, if the 9500i had the same idea I would have kept it more than likely.

It really comes down to personal preference. I don't mind the V1 being more chatty than a X50 or 9500i, but that's just me. I know my girlfriend would probably prefer a quieter RD because she seems to hate those noises but ah well, that's her.

As far as detection goes, the X50, 9500i, V1, STi, Bel, Whistler, and other major RDs (read: non-Cobra) will do just fine. I mean you don't need to see the officer 1.X - 2.X miles down the road, you just need a slight warning several hundred feed in advance to get your speed under control. Each of these RDs can do that job quite well, so like I said -- personal preference.

I try to be honest from my experiences, which is why I don't denounce the 9500i nor do I call the True-Lock feature worthless -- I liked that feature quite a bit. I do like the expert meter and frequency display that the Belscort RDs have, it is a nice feature.

I will never bash anyone for owning a non-Cobra RD.

Old Timer

I don't bash. (Well, maybe jokingly sometimes ) Plus, I can't exactly bash on something I haven't tried, but I, too, am a believer that no one detector is perfect for everyone.

Look at me, I don't have a V1, and I'm not off the site. X50 FTW

Default Re: Observation to anyone looking to buy a RD

Banned

Good stuff guys, im starting to get out of my bad day.

Keep up with the positive stuff. This is what this site needs.

No one detector is perfect for everyone. And the one you don’t like may be perfect for someone else.

Scratonicity Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by CJR238

The problem is if you buy anything else other than a V1, this site will beat you into submission or bash your purchase until you can’t take it any more. Yes the V1 is king of detection range but is that the only thing you are personally looking for?
    Please show me evidence of anyone getting bashed for owning a Belscort or Whistler. Yes the V1 is the king of the DB's, but it has other many nice perks. Arrows, audible ramp up, audible tones, and in my opinion it is the best detector money can buy.

Ether buy a V1 and stay, or purchase what ever RD you like and never return to this sight. There’s allot of good information and really good people here but it’s also filled with negativity and partial truths.
    Why would you recommend this? I started off owning Belscorts and had I taken your advice I would never learned as much as I do today. We have many happy Belscort / Whistler users. I enjoy reading there success stories just as much as anything else. But I'll be the first to call BS when I smell it. Sorry it hurts you but the 9500i is a dangerous product.

The 9500i in-fact doesn't have hardly any off-axis detection so that is true. And it's dangerous.

The STi does in fact have a 33.8 problem. We don't know yet if the fix worked but hopefully we will soon. Other than that it's a fine detector for people who need it in banned areas.

V1 has difficulty with forward facing radar that is off-axis. Hell almost all detectors do. Now we know it has a problem with 35.5 but I can guarantee you they will fix it if they can. And you won't catch any BS. They read / listen to this site.

Maybe I had a bad day, but you will see. And where’s Jazzy when you need him. :wink:
    Jazzy was the king of starting trouble. For someone who doesn't like the V1 I thought you'd hate the biggest nut hugger of all.

Do some more reading there is plenty of positive stuff going on. I try to help a few people every day. But you won't see me writing anything positive about the 9500i!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by thestaton

Please show me evidence of anyone getting bashed for owning a Belscort or Whistler. Yes the V1 is the king of the DB's, but it has other many nice perks. Arrows, audible ramp up, audible tones, and in my opinion it is the best detector money can buy.

Ether buy a V1 and stay, or purchase what ever RD you like and never return to this sight. There’s allot of good information and really good people here but it’s also filled with negativity and partial truths.
    Why would you recommend this? I started off owning Belscorts and had I taken your advice I would never learned as much as I do today. We have many happy Belscort / Whistler users. I enjoy reading there success stories just as much as anything else. But I'll be the first to call BS when I smell it. Sorry it hurts you but the 9500i is a dangerous product.

The 9500i in-fact doesn't have hardly any off-axis detection so that is true. And it's dangerous.

The STi does in fact have a 33.8 problem. We don't know yet if the fix worked but hopefully we will soon. Other than that it's a fine detector for people who need it in banned areas.

V1 has difficulty with forward facing radar that is off-axis. Hell almost all detectors do. Now we know it has a problem with 35.5 but I can guarantee you they will fix it if they can. And you won't catch any BS. They read / listen to this site.

Maybe I had a bad day, but you will see. And where’s Jazzy when you need him. :wink:
    Jazzy was the king of starting trouble. For someone who doesn't like the V1 I thought you'd hate the biggest nut hugger of all.

Do some more reading there is plenty of positive stuff going on. I try to help a few people every day. But you won't see me writing anything positive about the 9500i!
    x2 couldn't of said it any better
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    I started off as a Beltronics user with a RX65 then went to a BEL v995 after the rx65 was stolen. the v995 still has saved me and my father many tickets. I occassionally will break out my v995 out to run that for alittle and I have found I am as confident in that detector as my V1. The features of the V1 like the arrows and rear antenna have served me well. I like this detector why should I switch when it is still the best in testing both by GOL and in my real life experiences.

In my past 3 years on this forum it is never more obvious that there is not one detector for all people

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by crazyVOLVOrob
    Quote Originally Posted by thestaton

x2 couldn't of said it any better
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    I started off as a Beltronics user with a RX65 then went to a BEL v995 after the rx65 was stolen. the v995 still has saved me and my father many tickets. I occassionally will break out my v995 out to run that for alittle and I have found I am as confident in that detector as my V1. The features of the V1 like the arrows and rear antenna have served me well. I like this detector why should I switch when it is still the best in testing both by GOL and in my real life experiences.

In my past 3 years on this forum it is never more obvious that there is not one detector for all people
    thank you thestaton & crazyVOLVOrob This is exactly what im talking about...