Lead Foot

Default Bel Express 925 vs Whistler Pro 73

So tonight I hardwired my dad's early birthday present, the pro 78 in his sentra for him, but his old Pro 73 is now sitting inside on the shelf. I was wondering, should I swap out the Bel Express 925 that my mom is using for the Pro 73? Anyone know which is better?

Power User

I can't speak too much performance wise, but the Pro 73 will definitely be "easier to use" in terms of features.... The downsides is that the Pro-73's proneness to short-burst falses of K band can get annoying (presumably triggered by nearby detectors)

Stealthcb

The 73 is a very good RD. The only complaint I ever had with it was that it's kind of chatty and falses a lot on other RDs from a company depicted by a poisonous snake. I don't know anything about the 925, though.

Lead Foot

My dad always complained of the 73 falsing a lot out on the open highway, so I guess I'll leave it in retirement for now Thanks guys

Stealthcb

Quote Originally Posted by Ven0mizer
    My dad always complained of the 73 falsing a lot out on the open highway, so I guess I'll leave it in retirement for now Thanks guys
    It's my experience that women especially hate chattier RDs. Kind of ironic, if you think about it. But still....

I have/had both and like the 925 over the 73. It's more sensitive on ka (less sensitive on x) with less falses. sold the 73 for a 78 and use the 925 as a back-up.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by slowerpoker
    I have/had both and like the 925 over the 73. It's more sensitive with less falses. sold the 73 for a 78 and use the 925 as a back-up.
    Exactly what I was looking for Thanks man, will be giving away the 73 very soon

Advanced Member

As for sensitivity, the BEL Express models use the "M2" platform I believe, which is the same as the BEL RX-55, so the two should perform very similar. You can look at the GOL March test to see how the RX-55 stacked up against the Pro-73:

http://www.guysoflidar.com/march-200...ctor-test.html