Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Experienced

Default At what ranges have you guys been lasered at?

Following the discussion here: http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...3230&start=105

I'd like to see at what range people have been "lasered" and recieved a citation.

Only the ranges you have actually recieved a citation, not just been lasered and figured your jammer, Veil, or good luck saved you.

My laser tickets distance:
    561 ft

My dad's:
    455 ft
    892 ft

The idea here is to see the frequency of tickets that are given over 1000-1500 ft to see if Veil is actually a worthwhile invest.

Old Timer

I have not gotten a ticket, but I would say I have been lasered at 2000-1500 feet

Longsnowsm

I have been hit by more long laser than short... Long shots between 2000-1500 feet, with a few up close shots at 800-500 feet. It is the up close stuff that is really the hardest to protect against regardless of the countermeasure used.

Frankly I find it amusing that the LEO's would take the longer shots as my V1 has picked up on the scatter from cars in front of me. Just makes it easier for those of us with detectors to slow down... If the object of laser is to reduce the warning for people with detectors they are not doing themselves a service by firing long distance shots and spewing laser signals all over.

From the video I have seen Veil should cut down the distance at which you can be picked up and locked significantly. This should mean these long laser shots work to your benefit if you have a good detector. If your up close where the LEO can make it "personal" then forget it I don't see how Veil is gonna help ya. As others have said, get a good jammer.

Drive safe, have fun,
    Longsnowsm

Experienced

"Average operating range of police lidar is about 800 feet"

-According to the National Motorist Association.

Experienced

I have been hit from 2000ft to 500ft but got ticket long time ago, only once.

Professional

I got a ticket in NY state 87 n/b

Ultralite laser , ticket says @ 1040 feet.

I got it on june 7 2005 and now July 17 , still not recieved my final cost from the administration , I live in Quebec .My V-1 never gave me an alert , could have been placed too low on my dash ?

Laser is a silent killer !

Newcomer

999 ft in MA (conveniently under 1000)

94 in 65

They didn't have the paperwork when I showed up in court, so no conviction

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by stiGuy
    999 ft in MA (conveniently under 1000)

94 in 65

They didn't have the paperwork when I showed up in court, so no conviction
    Were you running a detector? It almost sounds like they might have started shooting you at over 1000 feet, then waited until you hit 999 feet in order to write you up.

Jim

Good Citizen

Default estimating...

700'
    1500'
    1000'
    400'

Manufacturer

jimbonzzz,

excellent observation, jim. you are likely correct, that would be the distance at which the laser gun got a lock, not when the officer initially began lasering.

based upon my calcs, i suspect about 1413' +/-.

veil guy 8)
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook