Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Got a X-band from moving car - NON LEO

I was coming up a hill when a car popped over it going the opp direction and my PRO 78 picks up X-band signal strength 2. When I get straight across from it I see it's not a LEO and the sig goes to 3. He turns right and I turn left behind him and sig drops to 1 and stays at 1 until I turn again 2 blocks later. This may be a stupid question but is there still RDs putting out false X???

Thanks again Jim!

Power User

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I recall that the new PNI/Q3 whatevers put out X, and also some Bels (perhaps older models) put out X too?

Good Citizen

thats why I usually Put my WHistler into City2 mode where it ignores X band or I slow up a little and if it builds I ht the brakes.

Lead Foot

I rarely get constant-on false X alerts (most of the time it's Ka) with my V1, but when I do I wait till I'm going down into a valley, then I shoot a burst of K and watch for the taillights...this has worked several times and when driving by the vehicle, I usually spot a really crappy detector low on the dash making love to the windshield wipers on the other side of the glass, it is then that I stay behind this vehicle and make them test their brakes a little more than they intended for setting off my V1 *pets the speedster*

Radar Fanatic

There are some Unidens (one of them being the "Stalker" model) that cause X band alerts in other RDs.

A BEL 985 will cause an X band alert on a V1, but it must be very close to it (in the same vehicle).

GTO_04

i got some false x near cell phone towers on my old uniden stalker.

Speed Demon

I deserve it, of course, but my cobra was getting a constant ramping up, then down, then silent for a second then back over again from a RD in a truck next to me at Sonic. It was a thin gray boxy detector with a central squared ridge running down the top of it and was sitting on the dash.... No chrome so it wasn't another Cobra.....

Speed Demon

I get X's all the time from security systems.

I have learned to ignore the beep.