Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default bought V1 2 wks ago,got ticket yesterday,should I return it?

I'm so mad! I got a ticket from a MA state trooper using lidar from 942 ft! When he zapped me the v1 light up like a xmas tree, but up until that, there was no warning. Granted, there was someone in the car and we were talking, so there's a chance I missed something. Still, I spent $400 to not be in this situation (I'm in outside sales, on road 100%).

Cop said to fight the ticket. He said radar detectors are becoming obsolete. I have 2 more weeks to return the thing, and I'm debating if I should buy a laser jammer(blinder-lidatek type) instead of v1.

Help!

-Mad in Massachusetts

Speed Demon

The detector did exactly what it was supposed to do. Laser gives you no warning whatsoever. No other detector has better laser detection than the V1, but 9 times out of 10, if it goes off, your the one being targeted. If you would have had the X50 or RX65 it probably wouldn't have gone off at all. Having a detector doesn't mean you won't get caught. It's a tool to help keep you more informed. You still have to use common sense.

Founder of Stealthvation

I will hold off on my recommendation on which route you should go with LIDAR since our tests will be coming out, but will tell you that as far as laser detection goes the V1 is on a league all in its own.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Radar Fanatic

If you don't want to spend a lot more money, I would keep the V1 and add a laser shield and some Veil. MA staties use lots of radar in addition to laser, and detectors ARE useful. As was already said, they are a tool but won't guarantee that you won't get tickets. Over-confidence is your enemy.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by brick
    If you don't want to spend a lot more money, I would keep the V1 and add a laser shield and some Veil. MA staties use lots of radar in addition to laser, and detectors ARE useful. As was already said, they are a tool but won't guarantee that you won't get tickets. Over-confidence is your enemy.
    Over confidences is definately your enemy. As another reply stated, Veil will dramatically reduce effective targeting distance allowing you a tad more time to react.

Old Timer

Personally I would not do a laser shield. I would go with veil. An officer will pan out to the headlights first thing, and before you can re3act he will get a reading.

Power User

veiled laser sheild with veil on headlights??

Experienced

i like in ma too. where did you get the ticket.

the only time ive ever gotten laser alerts with my x50 were falses. many times ive passed cops speedchecking on foot (motorcycles) and my detector didnt go off at all so i'm sure it was lidar. i even looped around a few times and eventually he had someone else pulled over.

Old Timer

When the x50 falses on laser, that means its a few days away from going into self cal.

Advanced Member

If you listen to the "Experts" they all tell the same story.
    NO Radar Detector is a good defense against Lidar.
    If you get an Alert you probably just got a ticket .
    If you want defense against Lidar.......It's JAMMER time.