Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,182

    Default POP is pointless?

    I am curious to know why there is still POP in existance. If you get poped, you can just ask for a readout- which you wont see if you were popped. So when your court date comes, it will be thrown out

    I know that its used to get an "estimate" of a speed, but then you are supposed to switch over to an original band to take a full reading. I don't understand why they dont just use instant on radars?

    I could see if an officer is sitting there and wants to make sure that a car is speeding before he pulls the trigger to give the 100's of cars behind him an alert, but I mean come on- they sit there all day I think they would know if someone is speeding or not.

  2. #2

    Default Re: POP is pointless?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    I am curious to know why there is still POP in existance. If you get poped, you can just ask for a readout- which you wont see if you were popped. So when your court date comes, it will be thrown out

    I know that its used to get an "estimate" of a speed, but then you are supposed to switch over to an original band to take a full reading. I don't understand why they dont just use instant on radars?

    I could see if an officer is sitting there and wants to make sure that a car is speeding before he pulls the trigger to give the 100's of cars behind him an alert, but I mean come on- they sit there all day I think they would know if someone is speeding or not.
    I don't know where police are required to give you a look at their "readout"....

  3. #3
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Morristown, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    3,300

    Default Look

    Well an officer is not required to allow you to look at his radar gun or even lock in your speed into his gun. The bottom line is officer safety and the safety of the public.

    But I agree with you on POP. MPH went to it to beat out the radar detectors and that is their big soap box when they market it to police departments
    RadarBusters.com
    Motorcycle Mounts and Accessories
    Also Join me at -
    Twitter: RadarRoy
    Facebook: Roy Reyer

  4. #4
    Founder of Stealthvation
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    11,174

    Default Re: POP is pointless?

    Quote Originally Posted by stalkervision
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    I am curious to know why there is still POP in existance. If you get poped, you can just ask for a readout- which you wont see if you were popped. So when your court date comes, it will be thrown out

    I know that its used to get an "estimate" of a speed, but then you are supposed to switch over to an original band to take a full reading. I don't understand why they dont just use instant on radars?

    I could see if an officer is sitting there and wants to make sure that a car is speeding before he pulls the trigger to give the 100's of cars behind him an alert, but I mean come on- they sit there all day I think they would know if someone is speeding or not.
    I don't know where police are required to give you a look at their "readout"....
    They are not which makes POP MUCH more dangerous. In fact an old friend of mine which used to be a police officer for a city which I will not name, told me that they used to clock boats and leave that speed lock in their radar unit. They would then pull someone over and show them that bogus locked in speed. This is a true story and to this day it just pisses me off. I hope that one day the officer would HAVE to show you a picture of your car, with the date and time, and your locke din speed.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.


    http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/


    LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!











    You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!










    buyradardetectors rocks!

  5. #5

    Default Re: POP is pointless?

    Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkervision
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    I am curious to know why there is still POP in existance. If you get poped, you can just ask for a readout- which you wont see if you were popped. So when your court date comes, it will be thrown out

    I know that its used to get an "estimate" of a speed, but then you are supposed to switch over to an original band to take a full reading. I don't understand why they dont just use instant on radars?

    I could see if an officer is sitting there and wants to make sure that a car is speeding before he pulls the trigger to give the 100's of cars behind him an alert, but I mean come on- they sit there all day I think they would know if someone is speeding or not.
    I don't know where police are required to give you a look at their "readout"....
    They are not which makes POP MUCH more dangerous. In fact an old friend of mine which used to be a police officer for a city which I will not name, told me that they used to clock boats and leave that speed lock in their radar unit. They would then pull someone over and show them that bogus locked in speed. This is a true story and to this day it just pisses me off. I hope that one day the officer would HAVE to show you a picture of your car, with the date and time, and your locke din speed.

    At least he didn't clock low flying jets with it and pull that trick!! :wink:

  6. #6
    Founder of Stealthvation
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Speed boats of Lake Erie. Speed limit was and is 35mph
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.


    http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/


    LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!











    You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!










    buyradardetectors rocks!

  7. #7
    Founder of Stealthvation
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    No the other way around. They lock in speeds of the speed boats and pull cars over. There is no speed limit for boats :?
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.


    http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/


    LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!











    You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!










    buyradardetectors rocks!

  8. #8
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,182

    Default

    If there is no readout or proof you were going that fast, they will just throw it out of court right?

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Houston Tx (Harris County)
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    they will probly fine u then 2 years later throw it out lol

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sethy
    If there is no readout or proof you were going that fast, they will just throw it out of court right?
    Far from it...Policeman's testamony is all that is needed that you are speeding.. :cry:

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. pointless post but!
    By Kayrac in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-16-2008, 08:29 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •