Lead Foot

Default Need help with identification of junk detector....

Coming home from class tonight, I get a blip of Ka to the rear with my V1, it gets to about 2-3 LED's and then goes away, and then it comes back...then it finally gets J'ed out...I thought that's weird since the closest car was way back there, so anyway I reset the unit and never heard anymore of the Ka warning...I slow it down to about 30 MPH in the 45 zone just to see what caused this...anyways, this car full of ...well...neighborhood junk drove by and had a radar detector pointed at the sky, but it had a BRIGHT green lettering screen, I've never seen anything like it before...anyways to get my revenge I get behind them and try to blast them with the bushnell...their detector didn't show an alert whatsoever, what junk!....anyone know what kind of RD has a green screen? Thanks

Experienced

Funny, I had a similar experience today. Some pickup truck was passing by me and then I passed and he passed again. I was getting some weak Ka from him but I couldn't tell he had a radar detector or not from the multitude of stuff he had piled on the dashboard.

Advanced Member

Maybe a PNI... some of them like the RX5000 and Sensoro Alpha had a green text display.

Lead Foot

Bingo Thanks again for your help!

Speed Demon

I seem to be getting k falses as frequently as Ka falses from passing RD's.

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by bkrell
    I seem to be getting k falses as frequently as Ka falses from passing RD's.
    I used to get K falses from Cobra's 5-10 years ago. It was either a nice ramp to about 50-75% and then nothing, or a 50% hit and then a ramp. Shortly after I would see a car with a RD that looked like a Cobra. This was with my Uniden which doesn't have the best filters, but they always had the K sig. I still get this a few times, but now I think they blend in with the rest of the Ka noise. Only once have I gotten a similar K false on the Highway with the V1.