Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default Kentucky State Police AMBUSH, omg its wild

U.S 23 on the 6 lane section of the highway in Pikeville, Kentucky near Taco Bell. State Police were shooting laser at full force, this is the first time ever in the history as i've saw so far that laser be used this much. I unfortunately didn't get to drive through this, but I was with a friend and saw it all. I was so mad, I wanted to drive through it about 50 times! Well anyway, State police had at the most I saw once 14 people pulled over at one time. One was even in taco bell drive thru and the officer pulled up behind him with blue-lights everywhere! The KSP's were lined up on the side of the highway with people pulled, then if no space availible there had them pulled over in parking lots. It was ridiculous, it was during morning rush hour and evening rush hour. The morning rush hour I however didnt get to see but I heard it was much worse. My friends neighbor got a ticket for 54 in a 45 and added 5 different charges to his ticket. Fortunately, its easy to get a ticket thrown out here so he had it taken care of. Seriously though, I was so amazed. Unexpected too, and this just makes a laser jammer call my name even more! this probably should be in the "real experiences" section but I wanted you guys to see it quicker since General is probably browsed more.

Speed Demon

Hmm must be that end of the month quota! It's been super busy in my area too. Think of all the money they are making!! But hey it is all to keep the roads safe... :roll:

Professional

X2. Same thing in TO. I have never seen so many Toronto police on the roads in mu area except near the end of the month. Funny how the OPP really pushes in the summer to frustrate cottagers.

Scratonicity Groupie

I have a feeling it's because it's cooling down and during the summer KSP was pretty dormant.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy
    But hey it is all to keep the roads safe... :roll:
    X2 :roll: :roll:

Old Timer

Default sounds

Sounds busy down in your area of KY justin. :shock:

Scratonicity Groupie

busy in central KY today as well.

lots of IO & constant on K. no laser though.

I read in the news section that per the governors directive they are out to raise revenue.

Experienced

The drive home Tuesday was pretty busy here on I-12 as well. I saw somebody get pulled over after passing a spot that I always thought would be a good hiding place for a cop but I'd never seen one there in the 3 years I've been driving this route.

Experienced

Yea guys, I was wondering what was up. I just heard a story yesterday from my friend's dad who got pulled.

He said while he was pulled for 53 in a 45 -.-, Another KSP radio'd to the officer while he was talking to him and said "Hurry, Hurry I done have you another one"

That's pretty sad too, This was a speedtrap too. The speedlimit through there randomly drops to 45 and on the probably 4 mile stretch of 6 lane that was just built there is only 1 sign that says "45" and its hard to see.

Quote Originally Posted by justinkk2005
    Yea guys, I was wondering what was up. I just heard a story yesterday from my friend's dad who got pulled.

He said while he was pulled for 53 in a 45 -.-, Another KSP radio'd to the officer while he was talking to him and said "Hurry, Hurry I done have you another one"

That's pretty sad too, This was a speedtrap too. The speedlimit through there randomly drops to 45 and on the probably 4 mile stretch of 6 lane that was just built there is only 1 sign that says "45" and its hard to see.
    Here in GA it is required that "reduced speed ahead" signs be posted before a drop in the speed limit on any highway in any county or municipality where the local law enforcement is licensed to use radar or lidar. Likewise, local law enforcement is mostly forbidden from writing speeding tickets when using radar or lidar for anything less than 10mph over the posted speed limit on local highways. The GSP doesn't have this limitation though. Thus speed traps in GA are virtually nonexistent.