• X50

19 42.22%
  • RX65

3 6.67%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SML Opinion....

Radar Fanatic

Default SML Opinion....

In your opinion.....Who do you think won?

***ONLY judging these three purely off the SML Test from 2005***

http://www.radarbusters.com/support/...05/Default.asp

Lead Foot

they all won, 3 big winner, there is no "BEST" detector, all those 3 will react the same on 99.9% of the speed trap, so to me they are all winner

Radar Fanatic

yeah i know

i just want to know how people would interpret the data and make a decision if they were to buy one

Old Timer

heh, im not voting on this one. I think this has been beat to a dead horse already :?

All 3 of the detectors are great.

Lead Foot

If we are ONLY judging these three purely off the SML Test from 2005 then I would have to go with the X50. I agree with the other members though, that all 3 are excellent and will react just about the same when it comes to radar.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by leepoffaith
    If we are ONLY judging these three purely off the SML Test from 2005 then I would have to go with the X50. I agree with the other members though, that all 3 are excellent and will react just about the same when it comes to radar.
    yeah only from SML 05

lets say you were to buy a detector based on these results which one would it be?

i know they were all great but someones got to make a decision and i would like to know what it is...

Newcomer

I agree the detectors are all great, however I would have preferred that the test results weren't based on signal strength. Signal strength can be misleading, especially between different manufacturers. If they shared the same technology and circuitry it would be different, but they don't. One detectors reading of KA1 might be equivalent to another detectors KA2 or KA3 measurement. I would have preferred a true distance measurement of detection than signal strength.

Just my opinion.

Founder of Stealthvation

All three did great. If I was basing my final decision on the SML results I woudl choose the X50. If i was basing my final decision on personal experience then I would pick either the V1 or the X50. I lean towards the V1 because of its insane laser sensitivity and quick trigger performance.
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Good Citizen

Well, I for one take the results to mean that all 3 are very close, and would serve my purpose. It would give me confidence in knowing that now I can make a decision between those three based on other factors, such as looks, sound, voice, etc.

I also take them to mean that even the "cheaper" Beltronics are better than the average "Walmart" detectors.

Good Citizen

Default 3 way tie

as I read the results, each detector had simulare reactions and stood out in differant tests. all 3 winners!!!

now based on other criteria, I personally liked the voice alert and the sleek design, I ordered a bel rx65 pro!

read every thread available and research report on web. I made my decision and I can't wait to get it and try it out. Years ago I ordered a bel off of QVC and it did not detect very well, cop car on top of me before it went off. finally threw it in a draw. I could not trust it. :idea: maybe sell it on ebay get big bucks :idea: :wink:

mark1
    rx65 exeperiences to come.