Thread: My setup

Newcomer

Default My setup

Hi everyone,
    I didn't really know what topic to post this under so if it's wrong please move it. Anyways I would like your opinion on my setup regarding laser encounters. I have a Baltic Green Jetta w/ a black bra and veiled headlights and my detector is a V1. In my city the police only use laser for enforcement. Will my current setup give me the protection I need, or should I invest in a jammer (but money is tight right now).

[/img]http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/20120513489.jpg&s=x1
    My car with Veiled headlights and Bra.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/2012052159.jpg&s=x1
    My V1 location mounted just below my rearview mirror.

Thanks everyone.

Scratonicity Groupie

wow that is a beautiful setup with the bra & veil!!! I seriously think you are good to go for now, but what you should do is monitor there targeting habits. Do they tend to aim at over 1000ft or below 500FT? Also do you know what gun they use?

I personally think if money is tight you are good to go. If you can put a little away till you can save enough then I would deff look up RadarRoy and see what he can do for ya

welcome to the forum!!!

btw, just as a idea why not hardwire the V1? get rid of that ugly ole cord!!

Lead Foot

I say go ahead and get the jammers now even if you have to put them on a CC since laser is heavily used in your area. The outside edge of the lowest grill vents would be a nice location. If you think you can't justify the cost think of what it will cost if you get a ticket with the fine, increased insurance premiums, cost of lawyer, and in general the headache and frustration.

Newcomer

Thanks for the compliment. I generally see the Police firing laser between 500 and 1000ft. I don't think they aim farther than that because traffic is usually pretty steady in the city.

As for hardwiring I have no idea where to begin on that. I'm good with engines but electrical is not my forte'

Experienced

Maybe you drive different routers than I do Tromping, but although I agree that manned speed traps are all laser, about 85% of the traps in town are Multanova.

If you drive on the highways, I say the split is about 60/40 moving radar to stationary laser.

Based on your setup (Veil, bra, etc), and having the most sensitive laser detector, I'd guess for the low amount of laser you'll actually run into, generally you should have enough warning to slow down before they "punch through" the Veil.

I too am faced with the same as you, but I am thinking I am gong to get the photo jammer before I ever get a laser jammer just because the photo traps are such a prolific threat compared to laser here.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Regis
    Maybe you drive different routers than I do Tromping, but although I agree that manned speed traps are all laser, about 85% of the traps in town are Multanova.

If you drive on the highways, I say the split is about 60/40 moving radar to stationary laser.

Based on your setup (Veil, bra, etc), and having the most sensitive laser detector, I'd guess for the low amount of laser you'll actually run into, generally you should have enough warning to slow down before they "punch through" the Veil.

I too am faced with the same as you, but I am thinking I am gong to get the photo jammer before I ever get a laser jammer just because the photo traps are such a prolific threat compared to laser here.
    I'm not too concerned about photo radar as I am laser for two reasons. 1. I can (99%) spot a photo radar on the side of the road. 2. The main reason I want to protect against laser is that a laser ticket carries demerits which affect my insurance. And by being a 19 year old who is driving a turbocharged car I can't really an increase in premiums.