Thread: New to Forum

Default New to Forum

Just wanted to say hi, I have been reading this forum for a while. Unfortunatly I speed a lot and finally picked up a X50 this past week. No tickets for 12 years, knock knock. Just took my first big road trip in my new car with my new detector. '05 330 Ci performance package, governed at 155 mph. 990 miles on 64 no traffic, daytime, 12 hrs flat, 3 Ka's, about 20 K's through construction sites with those "Your Speed" machines. X50 saved me 3 times. I am not a fan of running over 115, but usually cruise around 85-95.

My question is, Can the fuzz pull you in VA for seeing a radar detector, my friend/lawyer says that they can't.

Advanced Member

Yes the can pull you over for a detector in VA

You might want to invest in a CB radio for the road trips also you definitely need some laser counter measures

Spoiler: show

Radar Detectors-V1 & BEL v995
    Laser Jammer-Laser Interceptor Quad
    GPS Camera Locator-Cheetah C100
    GPS Nav-Garmin nuvi w/Trapster
    CB Radio-Galaxy DX-949 w/Wilson 500
    Scanner-RS Pro-96

Newcomer

They can definately pull you over in VA. I was driving one day and a state trooper was turning around in the median to come on my side of the road. Luckily, I saw him in time to pull my RD down as well as my suction cups. He pulled me over because he did see my Sirius receiver stuck to the windshield, gave me a warning that you can't have anything stuck to your windshield and went on his merry way. My advice is if you drive in VA is to constantly scan what's going on around you even more than you would have to other places because if a cop comes up behind you and isn't using radar and you don't notice him you may not have time to take your RD down and if he sees it you're done...