Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Posts
    68

    Default bel 975 R / rx65

    any big difference between bel 975-R and RX-65 ??

    i mean performance...

  2. #2
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    476

    Default

    the RX65 is an awesome detector, I never tryed the 975-R and I am unable to find any info on the 975-R performance

    the 975-R was not tested @ SML 2004/2005 :?

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Lead Foot
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    476

    Default

    oh I forgot about that part on the site, Great find SpeedFreak

    RX-65 overall on all band 4.X
    while the 975R dosn't go more then 3.0

  5. #5
    Speed Demon
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LiQuiDz
    oh I forgot about that part on the site, Great find SpeedFreak

    RX-65 overall on all band 4.X
    while the 975R dosn't go more then 3.0
    You can find anything on Roys website!! :wink:
    For the RD side, the 975 doesnt filter as well as the RX65 and the laser sensors are designed to be mounted on the windshield.

  6. #6
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    2,303

    Default

    The 975 is better suited to photo radar since the Ka band is devided into 4 segments selectable on/off.

  7. #7
    Professional
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    The 975 is better suited to photo radar since the Ka band is devided into 4 segments selectable on/off.
    I really don't know why they don incorporate this function into the X50 or RX65. It would only be a software change anyway, selecting what part of the KA band to sweep. IN fact the RX65 already does this with it's "Accusweep" function.

    I wonder why they don't include selectable frequencies, like the Bel 990i again?

  8. #8
    Experienced
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nvr2fast
    Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    The 975 is better suited to photo radar since the Ka band is devided into 4 segments selectable on/off.
    I really don't know why they don incorporate this function into the X50 or RX65. It would only be a software change anyway, selecting what part of the KA band to sweep. IN fact the RX65 already does this with it's "Accusweep" function.

    I wonder why they don't include selectable frequencies, like the Bel 990i again?
    Well, a problem exists, which is that even with the selectable frequencies the windshield models donīt have the same photo radar performance as the remote models. Not sure why, but that is the case. Try putting a V1 inside the grill and driving around photo radars with it. Madness, I tell you.

  9. #9
    Professional
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Indeed, it greatly depends on the material the windshield is made of. Some of the new ones have all this "UV blocking" and other stuff that people have found to negatively affect the detector.

    It seems cheapo windshields block the least! hehe is this a case of "cheaper is better"? hehe

    Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    Quote Originally Posted by nvr2fast
    Quote Originally Posted by compu44
    The 975 is better suited to photo radar since the Ka band is devided into 4 segments selectable on/off.
    I really don't know why they don incorporate this function into the X50 or RX65. It would only be a software change anyway, selecting what part of the KA band to sweep. IN fact the RX65 already does this with it's "Accusweep" function.

    I wonder why they don't include selectable frequencies, like the Bel 990i again?
    Well, a problem exists, which is that even with the selectable frequencies the windshield models donīt have the same photo radar performance as the remote models. Not sure why, but that is the case. Try putting a V1 inside the grill and driving around photo radars with it. Madness, I tell you.

  10. #10
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    2,303

    Default

    I think that it's because some photo radar is angled toward the ground, logically a lower mounting position would be beneficial in that case.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. RX65 vs V995. RX65 discontinued, but V995 remains
    By marksand in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-17-2012, 05:29 PM
  2. RX65 Blue vs Refurb S7 RX65
    By ksujedi in forum Beltronics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-12-2011, 07:48 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 06:44 PM
  4. X50 and RX65
    By Radar 4 Ever in forum Escort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-27-2006, 10:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •