Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Experienced

Default Do LEO's use RDD in RD legal states?

Any idea? To keep an closer eye on potential speeders or to give them a harder time if they get pulled over, perhaps. Sort of like profiling...

Experienced

Default Re: Do LEO's use RDD in RD legal states?

Quote Originally Posted by a529612
    Any idea? To keep an closer eye on potential speeders or to give them a harder time if they get pulled over, perhaps. Sort of like profiling...
    You must remember that RD's are illegal throughout the USA for truck drivers. I think I heard that they have been seen in Iowa state trooper patrol cars. I would guess that this isn't really rampant and if the state does have them, I'm sure they are usually given to state troopers as they're the ones out on the big highways where the truckers are. Also, an LEO doesn't need an RDD to know you have an RD if you've been pulled over. I'd say most people wouldn't try and yank it down quick if the LEO was close. He'd see it right in your windshield and probably remark to you on how it doesn't work.

Power User

I've heard some LEO's use RDD+IO to set up targeted ambushes on drivers with detectors. I don't know how true this is though, but it would sound like a *really really* bummed out day if it happened ;-)

Speed Demon

Some TX DPS' have spectre 3's and stalker radars. They're supposed to use it on trucks but i doubt very seriously thats all they use it for.

Radar Fanatic

I've seen DOT in WV have VG2s in their cars, whether they use them or not, who knows. They run radar here, so maybe.

Professional

Anyone know about PA?

Experienced

Does using RD increase the odds of getting a plate check if the LEO uses RDD for profiling?

Speedtrap Crasher

Quote Originally Posted by jdong
    I've heard some LEO's use RDD+IO to set up targeted ambushes on drivers with detectors. I don't know how true this is though, but it would sound like a *really really* bummed out day if it happened ;-)
    Yeah, I've heard this as well. Specifically DPS used it on a forum member last year.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Radar Fanatic

Does using RD increase the odds of getting a plate check if the LEO uses RDD for profiling?
    What do you mean profiling?

Lead Foot

Default Re: Do LEO's use RDD in RD legal states?

its illegal to use the word " Profiling " ... any DHS officer says the word Profiling .....he can get canned off his job ... so take it easy its hush hush in state environment .

you guys have taken speeding and RD ways out of scope so my 2 cents is relax and focus on the " question " ... truckers have STI professionally installed mostly and they are far better off with CB radio then buying a radar detector .... but just for record most 1 out 4 petrol cars for 7 hours shift of the any State-DOT mobile unit are equipped with RDD but not all the time on the road or actively monitoring the rd because false accusations can lead to a first class law suit ... [ full size sedan and a truck going together - unfortunately the full size car had the rd and truck got pulled over for doing nothing ......thats not good for the record ...