Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Radar Fanatic

Default Has Speed enforcement increased since the Holidays?

I haven't been radared in awhile..... I find this very strange since
    the big holidays are all within these 3 months. To me more traveling
    = more speed enforcement but that doesn't seem to be the case this year
    in my area...

Has Speed enforcement increased in your area since the holidays began?

Speedtrap Crasher

In Houston there's been more focused enforcement on specific areas. So other areas have been vacant of LEOs.

Next week will be the real test though. The week between Christmas and New Years is usually very light traffic with most people on holiday. On route 2 with the traffic numbers I suspect will be in place I should easily be able to average 100 mph 3rd sector of my commute and crack my 33 minute record. Very Nice.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Experienced

On my trips over thanksgiving break driving around the NJ/NYC/Long Island area, I only encountered one real trap. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, which was odd, I thought, for thanksgiving, I was expecting more enforcement. Although, maybe I hit the road on the wrong (or right) times. Maybe my trips over christmas week will hold more, we shall see...

Radar enforcement in my small town is up. Lately I have encountered a few parked officers running instant-on radar whereas normally its just moving constant-on and instant-on radar which I encounter. Yet they mostly are after those drivers who commit moving violations, have headlights or taillights out, or are driving a bit erratically. With these tactics they catch a lot of drivers who are DUI, have no valid driver's licenses or suspended licenses, no insurance, drugs, fake vehicle registrations, et cetera. In other words, the officers around here watch the drivers much more than they watch their radar guns. Since they are local officers, GA law prohibits them from issuing citations for anything less than 11mph over the PSL. Yet flagrant speeding really isn't an issue around town, except occasionally for the young driver who is trying to show off to his date. The exception is the highway which travels through the community. Excessive speeding on the highway is a problem, yet the county in conjunction with the GSP do keep it in check. Enforcement on the highway is up due to the approaching holidays and in particular because there is a pub which is located alongside the highway several miles outside of town. I get all of my Ka hits on that highway.

Radar Fanatic

Over here in the port city it is like usual. We had a few nights with heavy enforcement. Not much before and not much after, not on any particular days either. Now it is back to normal in my part of town... which means no enforcement.

Professional

Enforcement in Michigan on the highway's has dropped way off to the point of non existence.

The Ohio Turnpike last week was another story. I am probably sterile from being pelted with Lidar radiation repeatedly. An absolute Lidar Festival from 280 all the way to 77.

Yoda of Radar

I have seen more than usual by the locals, but almost nothing by the CHP. Not sure what to make of any of that.

Lead Foot

Not at all .. they are getting more lazy with lasers but more active with radar last night from Toronto to Wisconsin i had one LEO and my v1 alerted me way before i can imagine ...

Last night ILSP were working actively maybe for xmas bonus .. but it was all lucyy moves ... i think its not because of the holidays but more because of F-COld weather ...

Speedtrap Crasher

I don't know about up north but down here they shoot laser less in the winter. It's cold outside yknow.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Speed Demon

The RD has been quiet aside from wal-mart.

I havn't heard any bear calls either over 19.

Generally in PA, its so horrible on the roads traction wise for people without Winter Tires that generally its very rare to make it to the speed limit on many routes. (Saturday night I was doing 20mph on a road, spun it and ended up in a corn field...) The locals don't even bother to setup the speed traps due to their vascar marks getting covered.

In PA, ROADBLOCKS are a big thing during the holidays. Its mainly DUI'ers they're after at this time.