Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Stealthed Like a B-2

Default Problem with Mounting Position

Hey, I have a pretty bad problem with my radar detector placement. I live in VA and it is important that it is not visible.

Well the problem is I own a 96 Maxima. There is not a single place i can place my radar detector in my car with out it beging seen.

Im able to find a spot where if he came up to my window he wouldn't see it but if he were to trail behind me he could see it easily. And thats my problem.

If he were to get behind me theres no way he couldn't see it. My back window has no tint and in a car if you were to trail me you can see my entire winshield and visor area.

I could mount it where he couldn't see it but I wouldn't be able to see the display though.

Any suggestions on how I could fix this or an idea of where to mount it?

Speedtrap Crasher

If a location is that hard to find you may need to fabricate some kind of dummy panel to obstruct it. You will definitely need to black out your rear windows no matter what.
    Project "BONES" Speed Lab:
    Valentine One, Blinder M47 "All Front Configuration"
    Pro97 Police Scanner
    1 Saves / 3 Strikes as of 8/22/2009
    Estimated saves in U.S. Dollars: $200

Stealthed Like a B-2

Yeah I was thinking I could put a limo tint sunstrip on the back window so he couldn't see my radar detector. Its not a full tint strip just a piece about a foot long that would obstruct his view from the visor.

What rig do you reccommend? Or any ideas?

And this is the worst car I can imagine possible for hidding the radar detector.

Yoda of Radar

Get a different car!

Seriously though, it would help us if you took a photo or three of your interior.

Stealthed Like a B-2

Yeah i'll do it, and show you guys what i'm talking about. Be a little later though

Stealthed Like a B-2

doesn't fit BEL STI.

And I would love to get another car but prob ain't happening.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by YTCD
    Yeah I was thinking I could put a limo tint sunstrip on the back window so he couldn't see my radar detector. Its not a full tint strip just a piece about a foot long that would obstruct his view from the visor.

What rig do you reccommend? Or any ideas?

And this is the worst car I can imagine possible for hidding the radar detector.
    http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/VA/

And because we are brothers in RDs, this is Ontario tint law: For the driver’s compartment, right and left, no film can be installed that would substantially obscure visibility from the exterior. Behind the driver’s compartment, any film can be installed.
    http://www.windowfilm.ca/auto/autofaq.html#Laws

I've got limo tint anywhere behind front seats and 20% for front ones, cops regularly drive by me and all I do is just look at them... I paid some $$$ for the tint but really it was worth investing in this kind of protection, plus cool inside in the hot summers and black car with black windows 8)

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by YTCD
    doesn't fit BEL STI.

And I would love to get another car but prob ain't happening.
    Of course it fits Bel STI it was designed for the Bel STI and it fits like a glove (though I suggest making a hole in the top to allow better concealment of the power cord). Trust me I have both this and an STI

Stealthed Like a B-2

ohh, i read a review on radar busters and a guy said it doesn't fit the sti. Sorry about that.

And in response to the tint question, Well thats why i decided to get a sun screen limo tint, like you see on the front of the winshields but like blue. Its illegal to have tint lower than 30%, so i decided mabey i'll put just that little piece that goes across my windshield so he can't see my visor