Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The moral of the story is....

I just wanted to share an interesting story I have. It is about VG-2,me and a certain radar detector company... (This is a true story BTW)

A long while back when Vg-2 was just being introduced not one of the detector companies seemed to have a clue about what to do about it,not a one! They kept introducing models of radar detectors that didn't leak stray microwaves so much but the Vg-2 could still pick all of them up with range to spare!! :? Well I thought about this problem and thought about it and deduced vg-2 had to be a radar detector tuned to other radar detector's gun diode emissions. Why not just turn the tables around and do the same thing to the VG-2!! :wink: 8) Pick up IT'S stray emissions and have a detector sound an alarm! :wink: Well I got quite sick of seeing no progress on the radar detector companies part so I sent the radar detector company a letter about my idea with a simple request..If they used the idea please just send me one of your new detectors with the vg-2 feature..not much to ask right? What 200$ bucks with the free rights to use my idea... Well I guess it was about a year or less and I heard nothing. Not even a response letter thanking me for my suggestion.. :x Then guess what came out?? This radar detector company (introduced) a new detector that did EXACTLY what I wrote to them in the letter about!! :shock: :x This company btw was the FIRST detector company to come up with this feature!! Well needless to say that just blew me away and still does. The only thing that makes me feel better is that this detector company basically went from very good to the (it sucks) catagory and still does..

the moral of the story is DO NOT EVER send any radar detector company info on any new ides you have about radar detection equipment!! Get some money up and patent them and then let them PAY YOU for the rights to use them.... Then sue the crap out of any of them if they try to use them without you permission! :wink: 8)

Lead Foot

stalkervision, did you keep a copy of the letters you sent out? If so, you may have a leg to stand on for a suite. You may have to prove that you submitted your idea before the company was engaged in any R&D to come up with the technology, but it may be worth looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by SETITOFF
    stalkervision, did you keep a copy of the letters you sent out? If so, you may have a leg to stand on for a suite. You may have to prove that you submitted your idea before the company was engaged in any R&D to come up with the technology, but it may be worth looking into.
    actually I may have a copy(I don't think so thou.. :cry: ) but the problem is that they will claim they were working on the very same technology at the time...Without a patent on my idea I can't prove other wise... :cry:

Thanks for the support thou!!!! :wink:

It's alright I have come up with a few doozies of ideas for radar detectors since then and NO ONE is getting them away from me this time...God how could I have been so dumb in the first place to trust any company with an original idea. I was esentially giving it away and they couldn't even send me one as a thank you or even a thank you note for my suggestion!!! :x

Lead Foot

here's a late suggestion; if you decide to "SELL" your idea to a company, apply for patent, get it notarized, and make an up-front offer to the company.

make sure you spell out "COPY-RIGHTS".

here's a late suggestion; if you decide to "SELL" your idea to a company, apply for patent, get it notarized, and make an up-front offer to the company.

make sure you spell out "COPY-RIGHTS".

Damn right!!! I am still a little "gun shy" about the first incident still thou... :?

Lead Foot

Bro, all you have to do is get your "docs" in a row, make sure it is all legit and notarized. The application for patent is the most important. And keep records. The longer you wait the more time you give to the big 3 to do R&D and stumble on your idea.

Bro, all you have to do is get your "docs" in a row, make sure it is all legit and notarized. The application for patent is the most important. And keep records. The longer you wait the more time you give to the big 3 to do R&D and stumble on your idea.
    That's true isn't it...

God the "big three" are so damn stupid thou.. Valentine patents front and rear radar antennas which is just putting two antennas in one detector and the front-rear idea is about as old as the hills!! They keep on working on the same old ideas all the time... :cry: Most of this stuff is takin right from the military don't you know... :?

You know what, the radar gun companies blow them away and even they aren't to smart. Instant-on was invented because police dept. discovered that by unplugging their radar guns and then plugging them back in whae a speeding car came by they could fool most early detectors. It made for inaccurate readings thou! :| The radar companies just put a circuit in their radars to shut off the antenna when they found this out...wa-la "instant-on" radar..!! :wink:

You look at a stalker police radar and then you compair it to our best "the V-1" and you see that we are WAY WAY behind!!!

I once saw an interview with a engineer from stalker who said they could actually really wipe out the radar detector companies if they wanted too but there is no need because the equipment they have right now is so good and produces so many tickets anyway... :shock:

Lead Foot

Yeah, I know. I just retired in May '03 and worked on nothing but Air Defense radar equipment.

Yeah, I know. I just retired in May '03 and worked on nothing but Air Defense radar equipment.

then you know what I mean... :wink: