Newcomer

Default Taking Radar Down

How do you guys take your rd down? By removing the connection clip from the rd? Or do you guys usually take the plug out as well and leave the rd connected to the smartcord? And also, if you do remove the cord from the rd, will it affect the connections of the rd and the power cord? (i.e. the spring in the connector that holds the cord into the rd becomes "loose" or broken, or rd connection becomes loose and worn.) I currently remove the entire rd+cord because I'm afraid that the connection will have to be repaired or replaced. Also, i'm thinking of hardwiring but then you would have to remove the connection to the rd, right?

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Taking Radar Down

Quote Originally Posted by SCjohn
    How do you guys take your rd down? By removing the connection clip from the rd? Or do you guys usually take the plug out as well and leave the rd connected to the smartcord? And also, if you do remove the cord from the rd, will it affect the connections of the rd and the power cord? (i.e. the spring in the connector that holds the cord into the rd becomes "loose" or broken, or rd connection becomes loose and worn.) I currently remove the entire rd+cord because I'm afraid that the connection will have to be repaired or replaced. Also, i'm thinking of hardwiring but then you would have to remove the connection to the rd, right?
    My connector had the little plastic phone tab thingy snap off. Luckily, I use a V1, so I was able to use any old phone cable as a replacement. I picked one of those thin retractable style cables to replace it, which makes for easy stowing.