Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dual Stalker 2x

Power User

Default Dual Stalker 2x

I am the guy who posted those pics of the radar in the van if you have seen them. Well I recently talked to the guy again and he said he worked for a company called Applied Concepts. I just thought ok. Well I come home and look that up and bang its Stalker.

They are still testing the Dual stalker but this one I am thinking they will be testing next. This Dual Stalker 2x is nice. Here is a big pic of it from there website.

http://www.stalkerradar.com/big_images/Big%202X.gif

Jason

Good Citizen

so what detection range did you get on those guns?

Default Re: Dual Stalker 2x

Quote Originally Posted by Outrun
    I am the guy who posted those pics of the radar in the van if you have seen them. Well I recently talked to the guy again and he said he worked for a company called Applied Concepts. I just thought ok. Well I come home and look that up and bang its Stalker.

They are still testing the Dual stalker but this one I am thinking they will be testing next. This Dual Stalker 2x is nice. Here is a big pic of it from there website.

http://www.stalkerradar.com/big_images/Big%202X.gif

Jason
    if you run into him again get as much info as possible! Maybe he's a "chatty fellow"!! :wink: 8)

you guys here on the forums what things do you want to know about the unit...??

Oh one thing I want to know is with that many displays and modes of operation how many tuning forks does it take to check if it's in calibration! :shock: :wink:

Lead Foot

It should need only one fork. The same cal test for the front antenna should be for the rear as well.

What I'd like to know is what are the transmit capabilities? Is it operating X/K/KA/KU-does it have POP capability? Instant on seems unquestionable.

Quote Originally Posted by SETITOFF
    It should need only one fork. The same cal test for the front antenna should be for the rear as well.

What I'd like to know is what are the transmit capabilities? Is it operating X/K/KA/KU-does it have POP capability? Instant on seems unquestionable.
    I believe all moving mode radars use two forks at least setitoff (the stalker may be different thou) this is because one is for the "low doppler signal" of the police car speed and the other is for the "high doppler signal" of approaching traffic. Hitting these two together and waving them in the front of the radar antenna makes for a differance speed as the radar set subtracts the low from the high doppler signal. Now with the stalker it has so many modes of operation besides operating in the "opposite lane mode" that god only knows how they calibrate it... :shock:

Lead Foot

You got me on that one. All the RS's I've ever worked on were electronically/digitally calibrated. Higher-end SSD with computer programmed waveforms.

Bad assumption on my part. Didn't know....

Quote Originally Posted by SETITOFF
    You got me on that one. All the RS's I've ever worked on were electronically/digitally calibrated. Higher-end SSD with computer programmed waveforms.

Bad assumption on my part. Didn't know....

No not actually...You worked on REAL RADAR SYSTEMS. Police radar compaired to these is like compairing a Roman candle to a Hydrogen Bomb! :shock: :wink:

Lead Foot

True that. I have had the pleasure of seeing a RD I have actually pick up the radar when it was on and in a high-power, full search mode. It went crazy for about 10 miles. That kind of transmission scared me so bad I turned my RD off and just set the cruise at the posted speed limit until I got where I was going.

Continuous-wave (CW) sweep radars were the worst ones. A good example is the BIG RED radars you see at airports. Don't be surprised if you happen to get a RD alert from an airplane also caused by RF returns reflecting off the airframe, or it's own RF transcievers.

Power User

Oh great. I was just looking on the DPS webiste here in Texas and found a link of the new stalker 2x. Looks like that is what they might be using.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/search/...tylesheet.xslt