Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LASER

Newcomer

Default LASER

hey..i make plenty of commutes on I-20 between LA and TX..and I-35. i have never experienced a laser gun before.. which areas are they most popular in? will laser become more widespread than it is now?

Experienced

Default Re: LASER

Quote Originally Posted by wesley_willis
    hey..i make plenty of commutes on I-20 between LA and TX..and I-35. i have never experienced a laser gun before.. which areas are they most popular in? will laser become more widespread than it is now?
    WEll I can tell you this, Laser is only used in a stationary vehicle or someone standing outside of the car. You dont have to worry about Laser from moving vehicles. The "rule" is that laser can only be used within 1000' so at that distance you can see if someone is in the median or on the side of the road. The places to look out for are places like overpasses, coming up on a hill, basically places that you cant see at that distance. I'll always slow down to under 10 over when I see these "spots" that leo's like to hang out. They will be in texas thats already been said before and they become more widespread in time, but they are so expensive to buy that they arent as widespread as radar. I would venture to say that 90% of the time you'll see radar and 10% of the time laser. That 10% though is usually a ticket if you are speeding. I just saw Laser here in the city and my x50 didnt chirp once. Good luck!

Oh as for popularity, Hawaii 100% laser

Radar Fanatic

i can tell you that tx uses a lot of laser

Newcomer

yeah ive heard its used in austin a whole lot. i might get an s2k sometime down the road and i definitely want to look into getting a diffuser.

Good Citizen

any intentional name relation to the expired psycho black homeless rapper?
    Rock and roll mcdonalds, lick a polar bears butt, etc.?
    If not, nevermind

Power User

Default Re: LASER

Quote Originally Posted by wesley_willis
    Wesley Willis Be very careful here in TEXAS. I am going out on limb on this one but I am willing to bet we have more laser than OHIO does. I know I see a lot around here. BUT, that being said I am not sure you are going to get laserd on your trip in TEXAS. It depends a lot on traffic. You are going to run into DPS I would think on the long strech but I usually see them running Ka. However I have seen one particullar area where they run laser but that is in Rockwall. Also the 1000ft range does not apply here in Texas. They can right you over 1000ft, unless it is a department policy that they can't. If you go to my website and wait for the page to load you will hear a speed trap that was recorded. One officer rights a violatar after the vehilce was clocked at over 1,600ft.

OUTRUN

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Skelevate
    any intentional name relation to the expired psycho black homeless rapper?
    Rock and roll mcdonalds, lick a polar bears butt, etc.?
    If not, nevermind
    http://home.comcast.net/~alanweiss3/...mcdonalds.html :shock:

Longsnowsm

I know Colorado is deploying laser now much more widely. I hadn't seen laser where I live until a few weeks ago. I had seen it in and around Denver, but not much in other areas. Looks like they are rolling laser out more widely if I am seeing it here where I live.

Drive safe, have fun,
    Longsnowsm

Professional

McDonalds is the place to rock. It is a restaurant where dey buy food to eat. It is a good place to listen to the music People flock from all around to listen to the rock music....

Never saw that flash movie before, but I have the MP3 somewhere on my computer...

Newcomer

hahaha..thanks for everyones input. i drive a lot on 35 between dallas and austin, and what i mostly see is Ka, never laser. im sure ive just been lucky though..im bound to hit one pretty soon. i have an envoy so that is an extremely easy target, another reason i want a small car. seems like the thread turned kind of off topic though..yes my name is after the schizophrenic street singer!! he went through a lot to get his 'rock and roll' career started and did what he liked to do. rock over london, rock on chicago!!
    radarbusters.com, the #1 place for radar detector information!