Thread: Moving Laser?

Advanced Member

Default Moving Laser?

I saw someone else post this, last week it happened to me. Laser hit from a LEO coming the other way.

Thought they had to be stationary?
    <<--- Valentine One v3.861 --->>
    Protecting a Hemi Challenger
    Saves = 200+ -- Pharmacies Detected=9733

Newcomer

No moving laser as far as I know. Maybe a weird laser false coincidentally?

Nice pharmacy detection count, very impressive

Power User

Default Re: Moving Laser?

Quote Originally Posted by John_in_NC
    I saw someone else post this, last week it happened to me. Laser hit from a LEO coming the other way.

Thought they had to be stationary?
    Well for him to obtain a usable speed it has to be stationary, though it's totally possible he was just fooling around with his laser gun or had a passenger doing the same... the V1's a sensitive laser beast and I feel if he pulled the trigger anywhere in the car your V1 would've went nuts.

Lead Foot

It's possible to use laser when you are driving and the target that you are shooting is NOT moving (road signs), it will show how fast you are driving.

Power User

Maybe the cops were using confiscated Cobras to play laser tag with each other?

Good Citizen

I hate to be the first one to suggest this but..... I have heard complaints from people getting bogus tickets... the cop uses Radar/Laser while moving and just has his car on Cruise control and does the subtraction... I am doing 70 so If gun reads 140... You are doing 70 as well... Of course this is not allowed but unless you ask to see the device that clocked you (which most people don't I believe) how would the average person really know?? A lot of us might know that the LEO is uses fishy tactics that are not allowed but the soccer mom might not even think twice. I don't mean to suggest that ALL LEO's do this, however we all know that of all the LEO's out there, a lot of them probably do this exact thing everyday. Until one of these LEO's meet one of us, it will never stop. No Stalker mounted up in dash??? WTF???? How did you get my reading again officer?? Everyone is entitled to see the device that clocked them. If I see a reading such as 160 MPH or something bogus like that my reply will simply be " officer do you really think my little 4 banger civic is capable of such speeds??"

Manufacturer

I have also heard of certain (texas dps) "cowboys" which have actually bounced police lidar off of their rear view/side view mirrors (yes it can be done) while in motion. Yeeha! :twisted:

I can't see how they could write a ticket off such a targeting scenario, but it probably has happened to some hapless motorist who didn't have clue.

Veil Guy
    ALERT: Purchase the latest Veil G5 Direct from the Manufacturer or from one of our Authorized Dealers at the Veil Store.

Stay informed with the latest industry news and product reviews Veil Guy's Radar Detector Reviews.

Experience real-world encounters as they actually happened on the open road, from the pioneer of this bonafide real-world testing format. Visit Veil Guy's radar detector videos.

Socialize with the Veil Guy: Google+, Facebook

Radar Fanatic

It's against the law to do other things other than keeping your eyes on the road, operating any handheld laser gun while driving it's called driver distraction, cops obviously know that and will never ever do it, what about other drivers call their supervisor complaining that a cruiser's driver was doing weird things while behind the steering wheel on an open road?

Power User

I'd like to think cops have the integrity to only use their speed measurement equipment in the way it was intended to be used while issuing citations. I know this probably isn't true everywhere, in which case you're screwed -- it's your word against his, and whose do you really think a judge would believe?

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jdong
    Maybe the cops were using confiscated Cobras to play laser tag with each other?
    that would never work because they wouldnt alert anyway probably