I am trying to decide which radar detector to buy. And I got my choices down to two.
1) Escort 8500 X50 (Red Display) $299
2) Bel RX65 Pro (Red Display) $329
I spent hours researching but I can't find any solid proof on which one is better. Guys at www.guysoflidar.com had a review from 2006 which has RX65 beating X50, but in 2007 review the two are almost the same. Then other reviewers say that X50 and RX65 are the same and there wont be any difference in their performance. So I guess radardetector.net will be my last stop before I finally go out and buy myself one of them.
PS: I live in Upstate New York and kind of in suburb area, but only 15mi from Albany, NY which is Capital of NY so its more like a city. Daily I spend about 30% driving on suburb roads (til I get out to a High-Way), and 70% on either highly traffic four lane roads or High-Ways. We do not have many Laser equipped police cars in the area so Laser performance doesn't matter to me. 95% of the time police uses Ka band and the other 5% are by laser and K band.