Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default Murphy's Laws of Radar Detectors

Murphy's laws of radar detectors;

when "Radar-Hunting" (driving around trying to find law enforcement running radar, so you can see how sensitive your detector is), there will *never* be any around, and you'll be reduced to hunting automatic door openers

The one time you get a ticket will be the one time you either left the detector at home/work, or forgot to turn it on

the alert you dismiss as a "false alarm" will turn out to be an officer running an ancient X-band radar gun

the alert you react instantly to will turn out to be a false alarm (a cobra or other false alarm)

the police are always running speed-checking devices on the one frequency your detector *does not* detect, or is weak/substandard in

Please add more

Newcomer

I was driving through a known K false today and my X50 kept the K just a little too long - guess what - LEO coming up from behind...

Radar Fanatic

Default Re: Murphy's Laws of Radar Detectors

Quote Originally Posted by MacTech
    The one time you get a ticket will be the one time you either left the detector at home/work, or forgot to turn it on
    LOL. I get annoyed in this situation even when I don't get a ticket. Whenever I have mine off I inevitably see a cop shooting, and I'm bummed because I missed a chance to see how my detector did against it.

-Obsidian-

Newcomer

Murphy's law of RD's - How about you drive around with people in your car (non-RD users) and all they ever see is the unit falsing. But the time you get the best save ever no one is around...

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave
    I was driving through a known K false today and my X50 kept the K just a little too long - guess what - LEO coming up from behind...
    I wouldn't have been smart enough to notice a K hanging out a little too long.

Advantage of the 9500i GPS truelock feature (unless the LEO's K happened to be the same frequency block).

Speed Demon

Murphy's law of RD's - How about you drive around with people in your car (non-RD users) and all they ever see is the unit falsing. But the time you get the best save ever no one is around...
    seriously!

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit05
    seriously!
    x2

Advanced Member

Seeing blue lights in your rearview mirror only to remind you that you forgot to re-plug the detector in after lighting a cigarette.
    <<--- Valentine One v3.861 --->>
    Protecting a Hemi Challenger
    Saves = 200+ -- Pharmacies Detected=9733

Speed Demon

Here's one. My video camera battery died literally seconds before I had a nice around the curve Ka encounter/save tonight.

Newcomer

+1