Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X Band Alerts?

Experienced

Default X Band Alerts?

Where I live X band is not used, as it isn't in most places. I decided to turn it on the other day, because my friend has his on and gets an alert pretty much every 5 minutes. What causes X alerts? I tried a google search but it just came up with a bunch of un helpful information. Thanks guys!

Old Timer

Where are you getting the X alerts? There might be some X-drones still around somewhere? Some automatic doors operate on X (though it seems the majority work on K now.)

Experienced

well my friend is an ignorant cobra user and gets and X band alert every 5 minutes. He says that's it from the motorcycle cops CB radios, and those yellow lights that blink to warn you of a signal, but I told him no and to turn it off, but he insists. So I turned mine on and tried it out and got a few x band alerts in like 15 minutes just driving throughout the city.

Yoda of Radar

Quote Originally Posted by phiberglass
    well my friend is an ignorant cobra user and gets and X band alert every 5 minutes. He says that's it from the motorcycle cops CB radios, and those yellow lights that blink to warn you of a signal, but I told him no and to turn it off, but he insists. So I turned mine on and tried it out and got a few x band alerts in like 15 minutes just driving throughout the city.
    X band is a radar band between 10.500 and 10.550 GHz and has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with any yellow lights or motorcycle LEO's CB radio. I can assure you or that.

Speed Demon

I get a lot of X falses from automatic door openers here. Wish I could turn X off, but I drive into Jersey often and have already had a real X save by a local. I'm tempted to take my chances, though, since I really only drive faster on highways and it seems to be only K and Ka so far.

Experienced

Quote Originally Posted by djrams80
    Quote Originally Posted by phiberglass
    X band is a radar band between 10.500 and 10.550 GHz and has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with any yellow lights or motorcycle LEO's CB radio. I can assure you or that.
    That is what I have been trying to tell my friend, now I have some solid proof. Thank you for that and everyone else helping me out

Professional

It would be nice to turn off X band, but I can't. I got hit by X band by a Summit cop just yesterday. 10.530 GHz... Summit is probably among the richest towns in the state and they still use X band radar. Go figure...

Professional

X is common in NJ and a few other places. Very rare otherwise.

Experienced

you guys know if X is common in washington state at all?

Radar Fanatic

i don't know about you guys but locally in town if i turn k and x on i get almost equal falses from x and k, both from the automatic door openers at shops and stuff.

it is lucky to live in ca were chp is exclusively ka. i turn off k and x cuz i don't speed in town anyways.