Newcomer

Default new Radar Detector Adaptiv Technologies TPX

I had the pleasure of meeting with Wayne Chen (chief Executive Officer) of adaptive Technologies today in NYC. I got to see a TPX in person. It is a quality item. I have read SML's test results and I have contacted them about the TPX. They are impressed with Wayne Chen's Radar unit and Said it does everything a Radar detector should do. In short it passed the tests. This is the first detector made just for motorcycles. If you are thinking of a unit for your bike This on is a great choice. this is so new it is just getting to the market place all of the reviews will be coming soon but word has it this is a great detector. I am buying one off the pashnit group buy.

Speed Demon

I do more miles on my bike than I do in my car; I'm quite interested in it. I'm hoping to see some objective testing in the near future to see its performance.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by zr1
    I do more miles on my bike than I do in my car; I'm quite interested in it. I'm hoping to see some objective testing in the near future to see its performance.
    I can forward the Pdf file from SML they have certified the unit.(I have the test results from them. It has been a long time coming and after lots of hard work this unit is now ready. it does lack POP because on a bike you don't want false alarms. as far as rdd well I live in NY i don't need the rdd if you would like the test results pm me with your e-mail i will forward it to you. I think you will like what you read.

Newcomer

I know that Cycle World is doing an article on the TPX and it will be out on the stands soon. Most mags will follow with their own test results as soon as they can. the unit won two awards at the sh ow in indianapolis this past weekend

SML's tests?

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by MEM-TEK
    SML's tests?
    x2, most forum members here don't put a lot of weight on SML's testing. They just filter out the worst performers and certify everyone else.

Power User

Maybe Craig Peterson can put his stamp of approval on it so that we know it doesn't work.