Experienced

Default Memphis radar gun question...

I've had a V1 for a little while now and love it, but I've heard that it's weaker than the STi/X50 on 35.5 Ka. Every LEO I've seen so far uses C/O Ka, but I don't know the frequency or what type of gun they use.

Anyone in/around the Memphis area that knows what gun/freq they use?

Professional

Default V1

Your V1 won't display the actual Frequency of the source signal? I thought those things were suposed to be so Hi Tech and good? They cost as much as a hi tech detector don't they? Sounds like its time for you to upgrade to one of the soon to be new V2's like in my avotar

<-----

I live in Nevada, the range of freq in use here covers the spectrum, there isn''t one just more common than another. I see 33.XXX, 34.XXX and 35.XXX Ka band all the time. I'd suspect its like that everywhere.

Experienced

Nope, V1's don't show frequency.

Radar Fanatic

http://www.radardetector.net/viewtopic.php?t=5200

For frequency info I would try to PM MattN03, 00ebpsi, proudNMAmember, StlouisX50, Ven0mizer, as they had Tennesse info.

Yoda of Radar

Big game tonight in Tennessee. I'd bet the roads will be pretty empty tonight in Tennessee for about 2 hours or so.

Default Re: Memphis radar gun question...

Quote Originally Posted by KinetiK
    I've had a V1 for a little while now and love it, but I've heard that it's weaker than the STi/X50 on 35.5 Ka. Every LEO I've seen so far uses C/O Ka, but I don't know the frequency or what type of gun they use.

Anyone in/around the Memphis area that knows what gun/freq they use?
    On-axis the V1's 35.5 Ka sensitivity is the best game in town, yet GOL's off-axis tests show that the V1's sensitivity rapidly rolls off with increasing off-axis angle. I'm not sure if its due to off-axis phase cancellation issues within the radar horn or if it possibly is due to a filtering issue. The V1 isn't the only radar detector which experiences off-axis sensitivity problems. For example, the STi experiences the same problem but to a lesser degree for 34.7 Ka radar. And yet I am very pleased with my STi's performance against 34.7 Ka radar guns.

In a nutshell, I wouldn't worry too much about the V1's off-axis problems for 35.5 Ka since 34.7 is by far the most widely used Ka frequency and is the frequency which the V1 excels at detecting both on-axis and off-axis.