Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: moving I/O...

Experienced

Default moving I/O...

do they have it? in other words... if a leo is coming at me in the opposite direction.. can they i/o me or is it only c/o?

Power User

Yes they can IO you with a press of a button. All fixed radar units are capable of IO.

Advanced Member

Just to expand on what Azonehits said...yes they can IO you while the officer is moving in opposite direction than you. They can even get you while moving in same direction as you... from behind you, and if they are infront of you. It's called same lane capability.
    Outside Independence Hall when the Constitutional Convention of 1787 ended, Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, "Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?" With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, "A republic, if you can keep it."

-V1 3.872 (1.3 Mi. C/O Ka pointed away from me. 3.6 Mi. C/O K)-Bel RX65 New Backup (4.1 Mi. C/O Ka 35.494 Ghz, light traffic) -Laser Interceptor Gen-8 Dual (No saves yet ) -Bel 980. -Galaxy DX 959 with a peak and tune.
    -Wilson Lil' Wil antennae. -Whistler 1585. -Whistler 1430. -Passort 3200 w/ 1000 laser detector (got stolen, bought one off ebay for nostalga).
    -Cobra Trapshooter RD-31XX? (Can't remember silver/teardrop shape X, K only). -Cobra Trapshooter RD-3110 (my first RD in 1987, when Cobras were good, bought one off ebay for nostalga new in the box). -Kustom HAWK. -Kustom Falcon cordless K Band. -Kustom Talon.

Professional

most of th i/o i encounter is from moving radar, watch out for this at nights with less traffic.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by guit123
    most of th i/o i encounter is from moving radar, watch out for this at nights with less traffic.
    My girlfriend got busted with oncomming moving I/O while I was in the car with her. Its real dangerous stuff man, use a rabbit at all times when speeding.

Professional

Rear moving IO almost nailed me the other day. Luckily the LEO was targeting a gold van going waay over the PSL.

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by guit123
    Cruiser parked off-road, no lights at all (like a rattle snake ready for a deadly attack), radar in stand-by and he activates the I/O with a 100 ft right before you're approaching him, nothing much you can do, probably you will get a very short radar alert, too late, he already clocked you so be nice and hope he is gonna lower the charge on the spot...

Lead Foot

I remember driving home from a friend's house late one night when I ended up behind (thankfully) a cop who was targeting traffic in the opposite lanes using IO while driving. My detector went off every time he "fired". I wasn't behind him for too long, and he didn't get anyone while I was behind him. There were very few cars on the road at that time of night and it seemed like he was sampling most of them and not being too selective. I remember thinking that this was one of those scenarios where having a RD wouldn't give you much of an advantage. Those IO blasts were very brief. They would probably just register as a quick blip on your detector and by then it would be too late.

Experienced

dang... thats some crazy stuff... i never realized that. that makes me a little nervous now... time to watch my a$$ a little better thanks guys

Yoda of Radar

Yeah, I have seen all of the versions of moving radar mentioned in this thread at one time or another.