Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: silver bullet

Good Citizen

Default silver bullet

How do you guys rate these detectors??How is battery life?Was given one yesterday but need battery pack....Before I buy need your feedback...Is it woth it :?: :?:

Advanced Member

I haven't used one, but from the tests it seems to have lower sensitivity than many of the other detectors. But it supposably has good filtering. It might have difficulty reporting vehicles ahead being targeted by instant on, because is supposably filters by not reporting alerts unless a signal is present for more than one second.

So, if you are looking for the most protection from any possible threat, the PNI wouldn't be for you.

However, it sounds like the PNI would be a very quiet detector, and I'm sure it provides decent protection from constant-on radar. It probably falses very little, and it might be quiet to the point where "if it goes off hit the brakes because it's definitely a cop".

So for a casual violator, or someone who occasionally drifts over the limit, or someone who is very annoyed by any false alerts, this might be a good detector.

Just my 2 cents, like I said I haven't tried one. I've considered buying one to try out though...

Jim

Founder of Stealthvation

Jim,

I still can not get over your Roy wanna be Avatar. It makes me laugh my a$$ off everytime I see you post a message
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Advanced Member

Yeah, I had to have my girl take like 15 pictures before I got the pose just right.

Founder of Stealthvation

How do you take a picture and shrink it down to an acceptable Avatar size? What software do you use?
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Good Citizen

I use adobe photoshop to resize any pictues.

Advanced Member

Yeah Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc

If you want decent free software that will crop, resize etc:
    http://www.irfanview.com/

That's what I used...

Jim

Newcomer

Well I actually bought and used one for about six months... I did because the battery freed me up to mounting location.. Well that ended up being a big waste of money, 100.00 to be exact.. The range on it is horrible the batterys last a fair while. This is my opinion but do not buy this detector.. I bought the X50 and wow compared to the pni it's amazing.. The difference was so big I just gave the pni away.. I'll never do that again.. You truely get what you pay for in this hobby. Start of with quality and learn from my mistake.

Speed Demon

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    How do you take a picture and shrink it down to an acceptable Avatar size? What software do you use?
    Happy, your avatar is going to give me nightmares :cry:
    Richard

Radar Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by korn858
    Well I actually bought and used one for about six months... I did because the battery freed me up to mounting location.. Well that ended up being a big waste of money, 100.00 to be exact.. The range on it is horrible the batterys last a fair while. This is my opinion but do not buy this detector.. I bought the X50 and wow compared to the pni it's amazing.. The difference was so big I just gave the pni away.. I'll never do that again.. You truely get what you pay for in this hobby. Start of with quality and learn from my mistake.
    That's what I learned by purchasing a RadioShack VoiceAlert unit. Glad I figured out it was crap before the return period was over.