Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need to install a radar detector invisible

Hi
    I'm from norway and i am looking for a radar/laser detector.. It is illegal to use one there and if i get caught with one in my car i would get a fine at about 600$.. Yeah, i know it is exphensive..
    So i need to mount it a place where the cops woun't see it.. can i just put it in the glove box or do i have to mount it in a place where it is free sight?

I am in New York now and i am going home saturday so i can not buy anything at the internet.. i have looked at some at J&R..

i am entirely new in this and i have no idea what i should do.. i can spend 3-400$ on it..

Sorry for the poor grammar..

Thanks in advance for replies..

Professional

Sounds like the only way to go for you is the STi-r. Its a remote mount unit that is completely undetectable by the Police Specter units.

http://www.beltronics.com/sti-r.html

Sorry, just read that you can't buy anything online. Try doing a google search for local authorized dealers for the Beltronics STi Driver

http://www.beltronics.com/sti.html

Speed Demon

Perhaps if you have a family member or friend, they can ship it to you in a package with other material which is declared on the notice identifying its contents.

Alternately, I don't know how long you're in North America, but I received my detector from Roy's site in 3 days. I was stunned at the speedy service. Why don't you consider calling them to see what arrangements you can make for your circumstances.

Good luck.

499$ is a bit exphensive.. Is this the only radar detector you can hide?
    Does it have to be clear sight in all directions? maybe i can install one in the roof to hide it?
    I'm leaving New York saturday..

Power User

Quote Originally Posted by gollum666
    499$ is a bit exphensive.. Is this the only radar detector you can hide?
    Does it have to be clear sight in all directions? maybe i can install one in the roof to hide it?
    I'm leaving New York saturday..
    The STI and STI-R are the only two detectors on the market (anything else that claims this is a scam) that is not detectible by a radar detector detector.

That doesn't make them totally immune -- mounting them in a concealed manner and being able to quickly and inconspicuously kill it are exercises left to the reader.

So the cops have detectors to find radar detectors? But if i get stopped i can turn it off and hide it quick, and hope that the cops didn't see it?

Power User

Default Re: Need to install a radar detector invisible

Hi
    I'm from norway and i am looking for a radar/laser detector.. It is illegal to use one there and if i get caught with one in my car i would get a fine at about 600$.. Yeah, i know it is exphensive..
    So i need to mount it a place where the cops woun't see it.. can i just put it in the glove box or do i have to mount it in a place where it is free sight?

I am in New York now and i am going home saturday so i can not buy anything at the internet.. i have looked at some at J&R..

i am entirely new in this and i have no idea what i should do.. i can spend 3-400$ on it..

Sorry for the poor grammar..

Thanks in advance for replies..
    Well there are 2 kinds of hide, 1. out of sight and 2. Radar detector proof. I am not sure about where you live if they have spectre or not. But to play it safe then the dash STi for 499 is your best bet just hide on the visor with a cd case or something like that, it must have a view of the road.

Radar Fanatic

So the cops have detectors to find radar detectors? But if i get stopped i can turn it off and hide it quick, and hope that the cops didn't see it?
    they would probably search your car then.

you'll have to search online if norway uses radar detector detectors because there is a high chance no one on this site knows that information.

I see.. But the radar detector detectors wouldn't find it if it's turned off? i will try to find a place to mount it where it is not so visible.. Anybody know which band they use in norway or europe general? I think it may be KU-band or something like that.. but i'm not sure..

Professional

Mount it in a CD visor pouch. See: http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...=142809#142809
    You will need to know or get someone who has basic hardwiring skills for a nice stealth install.

14) Norway
    X-band 10.525
    K-band 24.15

From http://www.radardetector.net/viewtopic.php?t=2130