Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Citizen

Default One LEO running 2 radars

Has anyone seen this happen? While driving back through VA, I got a C/O k band that was a VSP in the median. While passing by him though, I suddenly got an I/O Ka hit that faded pretty quickly. My guess was that he was running C/O against one side of traffic, and I/O the other. Has anyone else heard/seen cops doing this?

Lead Foot

Hi - I dont know but I swear I saw a thread a few days ago about something like this - can't find it now but if you do a search you may find it..

Banned

I think the new stalkers DSR2's have the ability to do K & KA but only 1 can be run at a time. Most likely the KA was a Cobra passing by at the same time or the K was a false. :wink:

Lead Foot

Yep - could have been the "heart attack" Cobra Ka false...

Radar Fanatic

Maybe that was a far away, over a mile, cop running Ka and your RD smoked it out for just 1 sec :wink:

Power User

What detector is it? Older whistlers (and I'm sure other detectors can be guilty of this, too) use a single sweep for K and Ka and try to guess the band by LO frequency.

Newcomer

Thats weird most of the time I pass by VSP I always get KA band never seen one with K band

Good Citizen

tuesday of this week as i was turning onto a street my 9500i detected a 5 bar K signal and a 1 bar Ka signal. as i was continuing i saw a local town cop coming my way. i could tell the signals were coming from him too since there was no one else around. after passing him i figured he was running CO K and possible IO Ka since the K went to full bar alert when i was right in front of him and the Ka jumped from 1 bar to full immediately in front of him as well.

Power User

Default Re: One LEO running 2 radars

Quote Originally Posted by lennyo3034
    Has anyone seen this happen? While driving back through VA, I got a C/O k band that was a VSP in the median. While passing by him though, I suddenly got an I/O Ka hit that faded pretty quickly. My guess was that he was running C/O against one side of traffic, and I/O the other. Has anyone else heard/seen cops doing this?
    Some radar units are capable of using both K and Ka band antenna's like the kustom golden eagle. A K band antenna for front and Ka for rear or vice versa. This is very possible.
    I think the new stalkers DSR2's have the ability to do K & KA but only 1 can be run at a time.
    The stalker DSR2's can run both front and rear simultaneously and is the only unit in the market today that can do that. It's actually 2 active radars in 1 unit. They are only in Ka band.

Good Citizen

I know in the city where I live the cops have guns in both the front mounted middle of the dash as well as on mounted in the rear window.

fireant