Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Yoda of Radar

Default Computer Jammer?

All the police officers here have little laptop computers built into their Impalas, Ventures and Crown Victorias.

Apparently when you get a ticket nowadays they punch it up and a printout ends up sent Registered Mail to you :x

Now there must be some kind of wireless system here. Is there a way that I could jam the transmitter and block the transmission thereby hopefully saving my bacon?

Founder of Stealthvation

Better yet develop something that detects their wireless pc
    RIP Duncan my BELOVED black lab son 8/7/99-3/23/11. I will miss you DEARLY.

http://www.criminalcustomzshop.com/

LET THE BIRTH OF MANY TESTING GROUPS HAPPEN!

You want to know what it is like doing something for the love and passion and not for the mighty dollar then look up GOL!

buyradardetectors rocks!

Yoda of Radar

I wonder what they use for that? It better not be just some wireless router dealie that I can just turn on my Stinkpad and be logged on to the police network...

Advanced Member

Some use the cellular network, others use regular police radio frequencies in 150 and 450 MHz ranges.

They all could be jammed. Whether that would really help you at all is questionable. Wouldn't it be great though:

"I'll have to let you off with a warning, I can't issue a ticket because my computer is down!"

Jim

Radar Fanatic

Around here they refer to it as MDT. If it was something that was in constant communication with the base, that would be something that would be a good object to detect. Anyone have more info on how these work?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by happya$$
    Now that's what we should be thinking about...

I know systems in some cities can tell where each police unit is at all times. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to tap into that data and show their location using little polcie cars on a GPS LCD screen? I would bet they would change their system real fast though

Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz

I know systems in some cities can tell where each police unit is at all times. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to tap into that data and show their location using little polcie cars on a GPS LCD screen? I would bet they would change their system real fast though

wouldn't it be nice to instantly hack the system and delete the ticket... :twisted: There is equipment that will do this btw... :twisted:

[quote="stalkervision"]
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbonzzz

I saw it in popular electronics once but maybe it only reads cathoide ray displays....

Good Citizen

lol lets hack cop cars and get thrown in jail ...ill stick to my detector

Quote Originally Posted by matt1020
    lol lets hack cop cars and get thrown in jail ...ill stick to my detector
    ahhh fudge.With that kind of equipment no one would ever know you ever did it...! :wink: