Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer

Default Un-stealth laser ambush!

They were clocking people with laser (Stalker) on a Hwy where I live.
    They had like 8 marked cars and motorcycles out of sight but they did not turn off there radars, they were basting Ka all over the place! Kinda defeats using laser, huh? Detector was going crazy!! My laser was going off as well on the V1, even when the gun was not aimed at me at times, thats good to know, the beam must have been scattering.

Good Citizen
    PA to KY to NW Chicago Burbs but on temp assignment in MS

Where was this? Sounds like they were making no bones about it...

Good Citizen

sounds like Toronto!

Yoda of Radar

This would backup the theory that some LEOs see laser as more of a way to ensure they get the correct victim than a way to beat RD users. Or, it could have been one idiot that didn't realize that he left his radar unit on.

When I got smoked by a point blank rear laser shot, their were about 6 chase cars around a bend, all with customers, with their radars off. CHP is pretty sneaky sometimes. I was thinking that I might have been the last victim.

Lead Foot

Or maybe the dept just bought a new box of toys and someone was training them how to use them...

Professional

Midland, MI city boys were doing this out on US10 once. Had a laser shooter on the eastbound side just over the hill that has Eastman road running underneath, and 4 chasers under the Jefferson St. overpass about a mile up the road, one left his K band on, stupidly. I picked K band up about .5 mile before I topped the hill and saw the shooter.

Newcomer

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke
    I live in Cary NC this was on Hwy 55

Speed Demon

this also saved me one day, left his radar on, slowed down, crested the hill, and this dumbass at my work who was trying to race me in his saturn got the ticket

Good Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by the bull
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke
    I live in Cary NC this was on Hwy 55
    Highway 55 huh? Good to know! How far away from the intersection of Highway 1 and highway 55? Thanks.

Lead Foot

Can't say I have seen this exactly, but I did once see a speed trap on a divided highway where one LEO was clocking northbound traffic with laser and another LEO was stationed parallel and clocking southbound traffic with CO K band radar. Needless to say, he was exposing the guy using laser. I was on the northbound (laser) side. My detector picked up the CO K band signal first and I was rolling along at the PSL when the laser guy targeted me.

Situations like this may seem humorous, but I think detector users are only a small minority of the drivers that LEOs encounter on any given day. I figure these two still wrote plenty of tickets that day, regardless of their utilization of this seemingly boneheaded tactic.