Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,561

    Default And the Myth of X-Band Continues...

    For those of you still advising folks to turn off X-band if they do not live in Ohio or in NJ, please read:


    This weekend, i was up in Grayling Michigan, I was driving with my father up there on our yearly camping trip, when we ran into a local LEO running x-band.

    Had we disabled X-band on his X50, then we'd have had a ticket for sure.

    Again, X-band in use in Michigan.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Professional
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lufkin, TX
    Posts
    881

    Default

    WHAT THE CRAP??? Well, I guess if it's just the locals, I usually don't worry about it. Especially if it's in a town I'm not in that often. If I don't know the area, it's unlikely I'm going to be speeding.

    BTW, you probably drove right by me. Clare is right on the US127/US10 intersection...Hope you had fun camping. It's beautiful country up there.

  4. #4
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arvetus
    WHAT THE CRAP??? Well, I guess if it's just the locals, I usually don't worry about it. Especially if it's in a town I'm not in that often. If I don't know the area, it's unlikely I'm going to be speeding.

    BTW, you probably drove right by me. Clare is right on the US127/US10 intersection...Hope you had fun camping. It's beautiful country up there.
    Yep, on the way home, I saw the sign Clare/Lansing....

    We had a great time. Canoeing, Camping and golfing up there. This was our 21st year there.

    Anyway, the X-band is still a very very real threat, especially in smaller towns which might still be using old equipment.

  5. #5
    Cheetah Rep
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    2,567

    Default

    Good reminder.
    if i'm local, i have x off.
    on most road trips i turn it back on, "just in case".

  6. #6
    Old Timer
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    5,182

    Default

    Ive seen X used on the highway once here in ohio (2nd time ove seen radar on the highway) and the locals around here still use it, but they are migrating to instant on KA

  7. #7
    Professional
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lufkin, TX
    Posts
    881

    Default

    I've seen X-band all over the place in Ohio up and down I-75. But yeah, you may be right, Sethy. Most are going to be migrating to Ka band and a lot of them have probably started.

    Lordhampster: was it a Grayling local cop, or was it Crawford County Sherriff do you think?? Do you remember what the car looked like?

  8. #8
    Radar Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arvetus
    I've seen X-band all over the place in Ohio up and down I-75. But yeah, you may be right, Sethy. Most are going to be migrating to Ka band and a lot of them have probably started.

    Lordhampster: was it a Grayling local cop, or was it Crawford County Sherriff do you think?? Do you remember what the car looked like?
    It was a local cop...

    I perfer to keep Xband on, because I'd hate to tell the Judge: Your honor, I thought Xband was no longer in use!

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Houston Tx (Harris County)
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    if im traveling i turn all bands on for local i turn off x and pop i know what my cops have and how smart asses they are about thing RD's dont work.

  10. #10
    Good Citizen
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RacerX
    Good reminder.
    if i'm local, i have x off.
    on most road trips i turn it back on, "just in case".
    DITTO

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Myth Confirmed!
    By ipig in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-18-2012, 03:54 PM
  2. Is it a myth that K band motion sensors set off radar detectors?
    By ubnpast in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-13-2009, 11:45 PM
  3. V1 continues to mute legit K band threat after drone...
    By Donut Patrol in forum Valentine One
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 10:49 PM
  4. The AWD Myth
    By fallen8511 in forum Car Talk
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 09-08-2005, 05:51 PM
  5. A call to all Forums users to stop propagating X-band myth.
    By lordhamster in forum Radar Detectors - General
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-10-2005, 11:36 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •