Experienced

Default POP in the UK? + Euro mode on V1.

just been looking at a few V1's and a few of them havnt got the POP feature. obviosly the price is lower as its an older model but do we have POP over here in the UK?

allso Euro Mode? is that needed for me?
    If you drive in Europe, you will appreciate our new Euro Mode which improves protection on photo radar as it is used in the E.U.

the pice of upgrading to POP and Euro mode from valentine is 85 USD for the detector i was looking at + P&P which i would guess to be 60 USD so you can see why if i need it i'd rather have it straight off than mess around with shipping, customs etc.

all thoughts welcome.
    cheers,
    Maty.

Experienced

check this: http://www.radardetector.net/viewtop...t=2130&start=0

seems like there is no Ka band in the UK so you don;t even need to use the euro mode; in euro mode is off you can take advantage of all the automute features (K band)

POP is not used in europe at all as far as i'm aware.. even guys in the US keep it off.. nothing to worry about. still if there in no POP feature that would indicate the detector is rather old. it would make more sense to get a newer model (no so much because of performance but simply not to have one that has been used a lot..)

i would also definitelly consider a laser jammer in the UK

Experienced

Thanks Ragamix.
    just had a quick scan through that thread and it says England
    Ku-band 13.45
    K-band 24.150

now i take it thats england as in Uk? some ive been looking at have been cheap but havnt been updated since the early 90's and havnt even got laser warning. but what exactly is Euro mode then??
    cheers,
    Last edited by maty j; 06-01-2008 at 03:45 PM.

Experienced

no problem

euro mode basically improves Ka band detection (it only sweeps frequency ranges that are used in europe. this improves multanova and ramer radars detection which are very low powered and are not reliably detectable if the detector is in superwideband mode (i.e. when euro mode is off)) but since there is no Ka in the UK based on the list at least (yes I would guess in this case England=UK ) it doen't make any difference whether it's on or off. still first hand experience and advise from someone from the UK would be good

Experienced

Thanks again mate. you've got me wondering now. do i go for a slightly older model with no POP, Euro mode or get a fully up to date model. me being tighter than a gnats chuff im leaning towards the first but thinking of how much it would cost in insurance hikes, tickets etc i'll keep an eye out for a fully up to date one for abit more cash.

with a bit of luck a V1 Uk user will see this and add there 2p worth.
    thanks for the help buddy.

Experienced

again i would not get a very old model.. you never know what the guys was doing with it and how much time it spent baking on the sun. also old detectors are more likely to be out of tune. i think the extra money for a newer one is worth it

Experienced

sorry i was just thinking out loud :roll: your right though. whats an extra 50 quid if im spending that much allready..
    cheers.

Experienced

well no it's you choice i just said that i would do
    enjoy!

Experienced

i'm keeping an eye out for a up to date one that will hopefully be within my price range. all the newer versions seem to be going a bit high for me atm but i'll keep looking.
    cheers,