And no, I do not work for Whistlergroup! I just appreciate their hard work and effort.
The following is in no particular order:
1. Whistler pro78 costs less but yet you get a 3 year warranty. Bel Gives just 1 year
2. Within a year of owning a Bel product, you are guaranteed to get a "Self Cal" message or "Service Required". Bel WILL charge you to fix it.
3. The Pro78 comes with a cool Blue LED display as standard equipment. Belscort charges you anywhere between $40-$50 for that upgrade (RX65 or 9500i)
4. The customer service of Whistler is second to none. Mike B is a true Champ. Bel's customer service doesn't even come close. (Mike B for president in 2012)
5. The performance of the pro78 is identical to the vector, rx65 and 8500 x50. I'm not taking anything away from the GOL testing but I've personally tested these units and can't see a real difference. There are times when the pro78 alerts first and there are times the vectors alert first. They are never more than a second apart from each other.
6. The Whistler Pro78 is way quieter than the Vectors even with the M4 design. When the Pro78 speaks, you better listen! It also has better filtering.
7. The pro78 speaker is much louder and better than the Bel speaker. If you leave your Bel product in the sun, the speaker will eventually fail then Belscort will charge you for a new one.
8. The Pro78 has tons more user selectable features compared to the Vectors.
9. If you ever have a problem with your Pro78, Mike B will PM you within minutes!
10. Spectre/Stalcar detects the Pro78 from about 200 feet in which by that time, you can actually see the Leo and unplug your unit. The vectors can be seen over 1500 feet.
If you want to add anything else, please feel free to.