Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Foot

Default Tutorial mode on Beltronics products.

I am posting this because a while back, I mentioned that Bel products with the S7 platform have a tutorial mode. Some people had no idea what I was talking about so I made a video. Here goes...

YouTube - Bel Beltronics Vector Radar detector tutorial mode

Experienced

how do you do that?

Lead Foot

Well, first off, you need to have the S7 platform because the new M4 can't do it. The way you do it is first, you power off the unit, then you hold down the mute and the brt buttons simultaneously, while holding them down, power on the unit with the power button button.

Banned

Cool thanks for the VID, i was wondering how useful it would be. Cool, and i guess it could be helpful for new people using RD's for the 1st time.

Professional

My pro 73 ( not sure of the 78 ) has a Teach mode. I have it recorded. All 4 minutes of it :shock: I might upload it and share it if anyone would like to watch 4 minutes of beeping and SWS messages

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by CJR238
    Cool thanks for the VID, i was wondering how useful it would be. Cool, and i guess it could be helpful for new people using RD's for the 1st time.
    Well, I guess it's there to get you used to the sounds it makes. Just wonder why Bel stopped that feature on the M4 platform.

Professional

Quote Originally Posted by rose1
    Well, I guess it's there to get you used to the sounds it makes. Just wonder why Bel stopped that feature on the M4 platform.
    Not sure, with most RDs with voice alerts now that tell you what's going on I can see why you wouldn't really need it anymore. Although if you really want to annoy someone in your car just toss your whistler into teach mode
    YouTube - Whistler Pro 73 Teach Mode

Radar Fanatic

It does work wonders for annoying people, granted they aren't in the passenger seat within an arms reach of pulling it off the windshield and throwing it out the window.

Lead Foot

Quote Originally Posted by cooljay
    Quote Originally Posted by rose1
    Not sure, with most RDs with voice alerts now that tell you what's going on I can see why you wouldn't really need it anymore. Although if you really want to annoy someone in your car just toss your whistler into teach mode
    YouTube - Whistler Pro 73 Teach Mode
    Wow, the Pro73 teach mode sounds just like the Pro78

Good Citizen

Ah interesting, never did that on mine, but I know what it sounds like already.